Sponsored

Base GT (non-premium, no PP) shout out

Navyxrays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Anybody else out there except me driving a base GT?? That's right, you know who I'm talking to... Cloth seats, 18" wheels, no bells, no whistles, 6 spd MT. Just a skosh over $30K for 435HP. The HP per $ ratio is frickin' phenomenal.

So, anyhow, any of you other base GT folks doing any mods? I've already gone with the FRPP Touring Catbacks (absolutely awesome), and I'm already itching to go Steeda CAI/tune combo. I've also considered new springs, but now I'm wondering if this is only the beginnings of a very expensive love affair. I know a bunch of premium, PP GT guys and gals have started building up their rides. Anybody going all in on their base GT?
Sponsored

tjwoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Equipment 300A checking in.

Exhaust is all I'm looking forward to for now (Roush axleback + xpipe resonator delete), who knows. Maybe a strut brace, steeda springs?

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Haven't got it yet but I do have a nearly base GT on order.
Only options are;
Automatic transmission which costs extra
Triple yellow color which costs extra
Spare tire cause I refuse to depend on the fix-a-flat stuff
Spoiler delete no cost option

Agree with you 100% on the base GT being an outstanding bargain.

mustangirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium, Race Red
Best bang for your buck! I have exactly what B Gordon has, except in RUBY RED. Thus far, my mods have only been cosmetic, but I do hope for an exhaust swap soon. Don't know when, what, or if I really will do it!
The car is amazing performance wise and by far one of the fastest ones on the road.

Sponsored

Wolfman625

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT in Deep impact Blue
Love my base. I did up to the 3.55 gear. That will be perfect for my supercharger. Already done roush axle back leathal h pipe. 255 up front and 295 in the rear.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Just got mine a few hours ago, but now I have to go to work :(

Will have a JLT separator put on when I wake up, also going to order a ford racing or lethal x pipe very soon.

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
300A owner here! I knew I had to order one because I was confident there is no chance I will find one remotely optioned like mine. I wanted the lightest GT, so naturally this is where the 300A came in. I was pleasantly surprised with all the equipment that is standard and I don't really feel I am missing anything by not getting the premium package.

As for mods, I am torn whether to turn this Mustang to a N/A HPDE track car or just add a shit ton of horsepower with a whipple or turbo kit.

Vader 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 black mustang gt
Base gt w/3.55 gears checking in. So far I have magnaflow competition cat back, upr oil separator that I just ordered today to replace my jlt (thanks guys) tint all around, headlight corner tint and full DD led Kit including switchbacks. Next in line is jlt intake and a lund tune, forgestar f14 burst bronze lowered on the pro kit!! Then just drive it until I save for a vortech or Paxton.

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
Also 300A owner here! I did get the PP package
I bought this mustang for performance and Its not my daily. I also agree its the best HP for the price out there.
I'll be breaking it down adding Headers, JLT intake, Exhaust (I have not decided yet), Lund tune, UPR oil separator
I like minimal driving and I thought the premium was too many bells and whistles for my liking.
Plus im only 24, figured ill have more bells and whistles on cars in the future

Sponsored

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Love my base. I did up to the 3.55 gear. That will be perfect for my supercharger. Already done roush axle back leathal h pipe. 255 up front and 295 in the rear.
Some of the posts on here are indicating that the standard gears work better than 3.55's with a supercharger, presumably due to the internal transmission gearing.
Please keep us informed as to your experience once you get blown.

I originally ordered mine with 3.55's but changed it back after reading some of the SC posts since I intend to put on a SC in a couple of years.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
I got a base GT. Got aftermarket leather and next is an exhaust. Thats it for me. BtW get the 3.55s. I got them. Frickin awesome. Much much better response on auto. And Ive driven the stock ones without.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
base GTPP here. im still extremely pleased with my purchase. 32,7xx for 435 hp and performance pack / all weather mats.

im basically done with her. just added tint and catback to get her to sound like a proper mustang.

MSamuels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0 Mustang
Btw since we've got a room here of base GT owners. The interior on the base is pretty spectacular right? I mean there isnt one person Ive met yet that thinks I have a base car. I mean it is a 5.0, so it has a lot of upgrades stock over the other models even in base, but nobody in a thousand years would ever guess (amongst non forum regular people) that this wasnt a loaded car just with cloth seats. Even that stereo looks better in person.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
yep my ford dealer's service bay couldn't believe it was a base GT
Sponsored