Drone help for newly installed axleback and h pipe

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Drone is primarily caused by the muffler choice. Resonator delete will accent it if it exists but the delete itself is not the cause. You can keep your H and swap to a different axle back, or sell both and opt for a catback with the sound to your liking.
Sponsored

OP
OP

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
I had a roush h pipe on my 17 gt and decided to add slp loudmouth2 axlebacks to go a little louder and deeper. My head is ringing since adding the new axlebacks. Love the sound but too loud outside and drone is really bad when I start accelerating. Should I just put the stock resonator back on and I will then atleast have the deeper than stock exhaust? I don't want to spend time installing sound deadening and don't want to return the slps. Other options such as a different resonator?
UPDATE. After talking to several exhaust installers who told me the bullet mufflers would only marginally improve the drone and loudness, I went ahead and had the factory resonator reinstalled and removed the hpipe. So now I have a slightly deeper and louder exhaust than with the stock mufflers and hpipe but still have some drone that is almost bearable.

Feedback from exhaust installers was to stay away from SLP and flowmaster to avoid drone. Live and learn as the video clips don't give u a clear picture on the drone level.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
UPDATE. After talking to several exhaust installers who told me the bullet mufflers would only marginally improve the drone and loudness, I went ahead and had the factory resonator reinstalled and removed the hpipe. So now I have a slightly deeper and louder exhaust than with the stock mufflers and hpipe but still have some drone that is almost bearable.

Feedback from exhaust installers was to stay away from SLP and flowmaster to avoid drone. Live and learn as the video clips don't give u a clear picture on the drone level.
Are you satisfied with how the car sounds now? I almost bought SLP back in 2013, but I thought long and hard and figured it might be obnoxiously loud, so I moved on to a full Bassani setup.

OP
OP

molson42

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Are you satisfied with how the car sounds now? I almost bought SLP back in 2013, but I thought long and hard and figured it might be obnoxiously loud, so I moved on to a full Bassani setup.
Overall, yes. The loudmouth2 is plenty loud and deep. Not happy about the drone but can hopefully get used to it. Would have just left the hpipe with stock exhaust if I had it over again.
Sponsored