Sponsored

Backup Camera - Issue, Fixed, Now lines won't show

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Over the last several months when I would put the car in reverse, my backup camera, on random occasions, would either:
  • Display the image in black and white
  • Seem to have trouble displaying any image (and would show erratic static)
  • Or would be unable to connect at all, and display an image like "Camera inoperable. Please contact a Ford dealer"

I took it to a dealer, they were able to reproduce the issue, and replaced the camera (after Ford had shipped it to them). After I took the car back, I shortly realized that the guidance lines were no longer appearing on the screen, and the Zoom function wouldn't work. I took it back to the dealer, but they couldn't figure out what the issue was.

A couple of days later, they called me and said that a module that the camera connects to needs to be reprogrammed.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with their backup camera? Any idea what may cause it?
Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Over the last several months when I would put the car in reverse, my backup camera, on random occasions, would either:
  • Display the image in black and white
  • Seem to have trouble displaying any image (and would show erratic static)
  • Or would be unable to connect at all, and display an image like "Camera inoperable. Please contact a Ford dealer"

I took it to a dealer, they were able to reproduce the issue, and replaced the camera (after Ford had shipped it to them). After I took the car back, I shortly realized that the guidance lines were no longer appearing on the screen, and the Zoom function wouldn't work. I took it back to the dealer, but they couldn't figure out what the issue was.

A couple of days later, they called me and said that a module that the camera connects to needs to be reprogrammed.

Has anyone else experienced these issues with their backup camera? Any idea what may cause it?
Hey EleanorsBullitt,

Thanks for posting about the concern you're experiencing. I'm not a trained tech, so I'm unable to advise on what's causing this, but I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help get your 'Stang back on the road. Shoot over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll get started.

Nick

leonrudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Auto, 2020 Suzuki Jimny GJ, Simson KR51/2
Hey EleanorsBullitt,

Thanks for posting about the concern you're experiencing. I'm not a trained tech, so I'm unable to advise on what's causing this, but I'll look over some resources on my end to see how I can help get your 'Stang back on the road. Shoot over a PM with your name, VIN, mileage, dealer, and best daytime phone number, and I'll get started.

Nick
Hi all
Ive got my new eu gt weeks ago over here in good old germany. From the beginning the reverse camera didnt show any guidelines at all.
Dealer has no clue.
So tell me please whats the solution on this bug.
Best regards from overseas

jmr061

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Explorer Sport
The camera has to be programmed to the vehicle. The service manual clearly states : Configure the rear video camera following the instructions on the scan tool located using the following path: Electrical> Service Functions>LIN New Module Initialization.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hi all
Ive got my new eu gt weeks ago over here in good old germany. From the beginning the reverse camera didnt show any guidelines at all.
Dealer has no clue.
So tell me please whats the solution on this bug.
Best regards from overseas
Hey leonrudi,

I recommend contacting Ford Germany on this, as they're going to be your best point of contact. Their number is 0221 9999 2999.

Nick

Sponsored

leonrudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Problem solved
In the ford etis system look for BCM module. Then go to module initialization
and proceed with download.
This only works when your system is conneczed to the ford servers.
This normally does your repair man at the ford dealer

Cheers

leonrudi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The camera has to be programmed to the vehicle. The service manual clearly states : Configure the rear video camera following the instructions on the scan tool located using the following path: Electrical> Service Functions>LIN New Module Initialization.
Thanx
Your solution was the right one.
The dealer had no clue
Sponsored