• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

AWE Cat Back 2015-2017 Mustang GT

2016dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
***SOLD***AWE Cat Back for sale. Would like to sell locally in Madison WI area. All reasonable offers considered.***SOLD***
2205.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Nice looking system. Any opinions on how they sound ?

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I am curious what exhaust you have on before and can compare the sound from the AWE?

Sponsored

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Looks like he never installed it to be honest.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I think he did because I think he posted another thread on here that said he had it on for about 100 miles only lol. Just curious if he can say its louder or softer than Corsa Sports or Borla Type S.

OP
OP

2016dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yes this is AWE Touring cat back. I had stock exhaust, nothing to compare to other than previous 2006 GT with GT500 axle backs. The AWE cat back was installed for about 1 week. The system was louder than I expected particularly inside the car. I felt too much for a daily driver.

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Got it. Coming from a Borla Type S 3in pipe, I think I am switching over to the AWE Touring Switchpath. If this AWE is a tad more quiet in the cabin than the Borla, then I am pulling the trigger. Thanks!

therealdannye

President of Capitol S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Deadpool 5.0

Sponsored

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Bump for you sir. This is one of the systems I have had my eye on when it is time to change out the exhaust. Hope you find a good home for it.

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes this is AWE Touring cat back. I had stock exhaust, nothing to compare to other than previous 2006 GT with GT500 axle backs. The AWE cat back was installed for about 1 week. The system was louder than I expected particularly inside the car. I felt too much for a daily driver.
I have the Borla S type and was thinking of switching over to either the Borla or AWE touring model as they are the most tame... I am not sure now about the AWE as you are saying it is loud in the cabin.. which is what I am trying to avoid.....

Mootang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I have the Borla S type and was thinking of switching over to either the Borla or AWE touring model as they are the most tame... I am not sure now about the AWE as you are saying it is loud in the cabin.. which is what I am trying to avoid.....
I just pulled the trigger on AWE Touring Switchpath. Will be weeks before it arrives since its on backordered. Going to see if I can get some videos or sound clips on a crappy iPhone for comparison.

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Sorry to sidetrack your for sale post. Can you elaborate on the "too loud" portion? I assume there was no "drone" since they guarantee it but you just didn't like the amount of volume (db)?

Have you considered adding another resonator, such as the Magnaflow? It appears you could add one and keep the stock resonator bullets. That could sound quite nice.

OP
OP

2016dib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
The sound in the cabin was too loud whenever accelerating normally from a stop. It was loud enough to drown out the radio or a phone call. Basically a period of thumping or drum sound. No issue when maintaining a constant speed. I have a lot of stop and go driving and the sound wasn't acceptable to me. I did contact AWE regarding being dissatisfied with the system. No support since the exhaust was purchased from American Muscle verses directly from AWE.
Sponsored