Autocross Event

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is having an autocross event at Emerald Downs on Sunday April 19th. I was thinking about taking the 2015 stang and see how she handles.....
Sponsored

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I might just have to go. My '14 GT is set up for drag racing, so I sure wouldn't be the fastest around an autocross course, but I love any excuse to race!

OP
OP
mswift5

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
I have never done an autocross and thought it would be fun. Looks like it is $50 bucks for a minimum of 4 runs, 6 classes with trophies for 1st and 2nd.

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Pacific Cascade Mustang Club is having an autocross event at Emerald Downs on Sunday April 19th. I was thinking about taking the 2015 stang and see how she handles.....
That would be fun to check out. What time do things get rolling there?

OP
OP
mswift5

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
Looks like tech inspection begins at 7 am, drivers meeting and track walk begin at 8:30, and the event starts at 9. Pre registration $50, day of event $60. 6 classes. Trophies for first and second place Event contact Dick Knight 425-463-5161 [email protected]

Sponsored

analog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
The S550 is a great autox car. Had it at Ice Breaker on 3/1 in Eugene. Will have it at PIR this Sunday morning too.
IMG_001.jpg
IMG_002.jpg

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Did you do a write up anywhere? After a little messing around I'm afraid the ratio of the steering box is going to be too slow..? Is the car stock? And I know auto-x is 90% driver, but how did you compare to what else was there?

analog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I didn't do any write-up. I'm new to autox, but managed 13 out of a field of 110 - PAX score. The co-driver of my car, a co-worker of mine, took 3rd out of the field of 110 - PAX score. So, the car is plenty competitive with the right driver. The co-driver has many years of experience in autox and this was his first event in a rear-drive muscle car. He's coming from front-drive sport compacts.

My car is stock except Lethal's resonator delete H-pipe, tweaked alignment and BFG Rivals. Steering is plenty responsive and we didn't find it too slow at all. The car runs in F Street class.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Awesome thanks. 110 is a ton, I've only ever seen up to about 40 around me. I'm somewhat new to it as well. I feel like it is a bit of a joke around me because the car scene is terrible. I feel my mods will put me into some kind of unlimited class but I don't really care. I like to see how I do against everyone else. Like I said elsewhere, they are obsessed with chicanes and turning by me, I don't think I ever saw over 35mph.

Odds are I'll get wrecked by some kid with a $2,000 Miata but whatever. I was in the middle of the pack, time wise, with the 78 Trans Am with no suspension mods, 263hp and 350ft/lbs - I'd love to destroy some others now that I have a competitive car.

Last year there were a couple decent Vettes and a GT-R; saw on my local areas facebook page that a guy is planning to run his McLaren 650s - my dream car. It'd be awesome to beat that! Unlikely... :lol:
Sponsored