Sponsored

Anyone want my Mustang order?

SeaPadders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta
I'm still waiting for confirmation from my dealer that I can pass my order on, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem.

Basically guys, my heads trumped my heart and I've just bought an apartment with the deposit I had set aside for the Mustang. (Boring I know :frusty: ) So I want to pass my order onto another enthusiast.

The following outlines my terms:

I ordered in January and have been given a delivery estimate of December 2015.

It was ordered before the £1,000 price increase so, the price is as follows:
Car (2.3l Ecoboost)- £28,995 (As opposed to the price now which is £29,995)
Deep Impact Blue paint - £595
Heated/Cooled seats - £495
Locked in price of - £30,085 (If ordered today would, the price would be £31,085)

I've already paid a £500 deposit, so the price left to pay is £29,685. (£1,500 below today's RRP)

You save £1,500 on todays RRP due to the price increase and £500 deposit that's already been paid. So I'm just looking for £1,500, which is the difference between what's left to pay and todays RRP. That means you pay todays RRP and no extra premium to beat the 12 month waiting list.
I'd rather it go to a fellow enthusiast than to my dealer where I'd lose my deposit and he'd sell it for today's RRP.

Message me if you're interested.

And most of all, I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to meet you all at the meet next year :(
Sponsored

Last edited:

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm still waiting for confirmation from my dealer that I can pass my order on, but I don't see any reason why it would be a problem.

Basically guys, my heads trumped my heart and I've just bought an apartment with the deposit I had set aside for the Mustang. (Boring I know :frusty: ) So I want to pass my order onto another enthusiast.

Locked in price of - £30,085 (If ordered today would, the price would be £31,085)

I've already paid a £500 deposit, so the price left to pay is £29,685. (£1,500 below today's RRP)

You save £1,500 on todays RRP due to the price increase and £500 deposit that's already been paid. I'm looking for around £2,500 to take ownership of the order. So it only effectively costs you £1,000 to beat the loooooong waiting list.
I'd rather it go to a fellow enthusiast than to my dealer where I'd lose my deposit and he'd sell it for today's RRP.

And most of all, I'm really disappointed that I won't be able to meet you all at the meet next year :(
That sucks that you won't be getting your Mustang anymore, best of luck with finding a buyer for the car.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Absolutely gutted to hear that buddy, but many congrats on the apartment though :thumbsup: hope it all works out, if I come across anyone that's keen I will send them your way ;)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps it's different over there, but dealers in Australia are strictly prohibited from transferring orders for this car.

Any cancelled orders are referred to Ford Australia for reallocation.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Don't see why you would lose your deposit. Ford or your dealer could sell it 10 times over for the new price once it arrives.

Sponsored

welsh treg

Mid life crisis guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pony power

You save £1,500 on todays RRP due to the price increase and £500 deposit that's already been paid. I'm looking for around £2,500 to take ownership of the order. So it only effectively costs you £1,000 to beat the loooooong waiting list.

For your info guy on e bay doing the same thing on a 5.00 lit he is looking at a £500.00 premium for delivery in November, champions league order apparently

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Ford...-Order-Slot-/262056424112?hash=item3d03c7b2b0

Last edited:

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
For your info guy on e bay doing the same thing on a 5.00 lit he is looking at a £500.00 premium for delivery in November, champions league order apparently
Good buy that shame it aint silver or i would of had it. If anyone see a ignot or magnetic gt let me know...:)

OP
OP

SeaPadders

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-Ford...-Order-Slot-/262056424112?hash=item3d03c7b2b0
That is a really good deal. He probably doesn't realise the price has gone up £1,000 since he ordered or I figure he'd be asking more.

Tell you what, I'll reduce my price to £1,500. Then that's todays RRP and no premium for beating the waiting list

MAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
That is a really good deal. He probably doesn't realise the price has gone up £1,000 since he ordered or I figure he'd be asking more.

Tell you what, I'll reduce my price to £1,500. Then that's todays RRP and no premium for beating the waiting list
Good deal that, i think come december you will see alot more mustangs and slots up for sale just hope theres a silver one.
Enjoy your apartment mate you made the right call..

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Might be worth a conversation with Bill Shepherd or similar independent to see if they have a home for it.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
My mate was offered a 5L from a dealer, yellow, auto, custom pack, for December delivery, ( cancelled order).
I was thinking about it, but don't want an auto, but ithe price included the 1k over price we all paid,
When the car was under the 1k price.

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
Can I clarify, you've paid £500 deposit but want £1500 for the transfer of your order?

I think that Ford will maybe, give you your deposit back, but not allow the transfer of the order, then sell it anyway at the price increase.

Am I missing something here?

Travel Lad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Fastback
I would reckon that to avoid Ford keeping the car you would have to buy it in full and then sell it on making the new person the 2nd official owner - who also has to give you the full whack to take ownership (so bank loan or similar) rather than some ford credit or similar. Being 2nd owner hits the value (like a demo car) so who wants to pay full whack for a car that won't return true value when you go to sell it on.
If you don't buy it you have no right to say who is going to get it as you don't own it. Your gentlemans agreement counts for nothing if you don't own the item. Even if the other person pays for the item on your behalf I still think they will want your name on the docs.
As mentioned Ford will just sell the car at the new list price and have a q out the door for it.
Or maybe not if someone knows for sure - just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
I would reckon that to avoid Ford keeping the car you would have to buy it in full and then sell it on making the new person the 2nd official owner - who also has to give you the full whack to take ownership (so bank loan or similar) rather than some ford credit or similar. Being 2nd owner hits the value (like a demo car) so who wants to pay full whack for a car that won't return true value when you go to sell it on.
If you don't buy it you have no right to say who is going to get it as you don't own it. Your gentlemans agreement counts for nothing if you don't own the item. Even if the other person pays for the item on your behalf I still think they will want your name on the docs.
As mentioned Ford will just sell the car at the new list price and have a q out the door for it.
Or maybe not if someone knows for sure - just my opinion and happy to be proven wrong.
No problem having a car registered in someone else's name, same as if you buy a car for someone else as a present. The owner and registered keeper are not the same thing, so your buyer can have their name first on the reg doc. Ford don't have the right to insist that your name goes on the registration, and can't complain who pays for it either. Coordinating it all with your buyer could be something else however.
Sponsored