Sponsored

Anyone heard of QT Performance in San Antonio

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Found some awesome used engines and parts from this place online, but seems like a small shop that buys auctioned off motors.
Anybody have experience with them?
QT Performance TX

I’m getting a lot of this shipped so I’m double checking everywhere I can.
Thanks
Sponsored

Nidee00

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
1957 f100/4.6L
Did you every get the shipment? I am thinking about getting a motor from them

Speedbump_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra, Corvette, and Prius
I also found their prices extremely enticing. After checking, I discovered they have been in business for less than five years. But their footprint is minimal.

I couldn’t find any creditable reviews, plus there is very little information about them with the BBB, and even less about the company structure. But that doesn’t mean they are a terrible company to buy from.

It just indicates there may be a risk in buying from them.

MichaelP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1980 Triumph TR7
I created an account on here just to inform you of my suspicions. I messaged the guy all day yesterday and he seemed very helpful. The only thing I noticed is the address was a complex of multiple suites and when I messaged him asking him for the suite number to stop by and visit, he turned off my ability to message him again. I am going to claim this as a spam sale unfortunately!

IMG_7966.png

Kminor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
89 GT, 65 coupe
I also joined this site just to voice my suspicions about these guys. I saw their ad on Craigslist (red flag), contacted them. They responded with a phone number and claimed to be a shop. I called a couple of times and a woman answered. She sounded very professional, gave me a back story on the owners and then texted me the link to their website. Text was from the same number that’s on the website, telling me there is no available landline (maybe?). I found a engine/tranny combo I was interested in purchasing and called them the next day saying such. (This was the last day of March and the sale they were having was supposedly ending and I wanted to get the free shipping). She sent me a very professional looking invoice with total cost. When it was time to do the deal, she said the only took payments through Zelle, Venmo, or Cash app. No credit card, no PayPal. WTF??? HUGE RED FLAG. No payment option with buyer protection. No thanks. Told her to have a nice day.
I then looked up the address on Google maps sat view. It’s a business park. Their name does not pop up on the map (like many business do) but there was a custom car Restoration business (that specializes in engine swaps) in the same park. I called them, and the guy has never heard of QT Performance. I find it odd that a business that does muscle car restoration and engine swaps hasn’t noticed his neighbor who sells engine/tranny packages for swaps. 🤔. If you’ve read this novel I wrote then you’re probably looking to buy from them and hoping they are real. I don’t believe they are. I’m calling BS on QT. I hope I didn’t miss a good deal because I’m paranoid……lol

Sponsored

OP
OP

stangpede

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / PPP
Hey sorry I haven't responded! Yes this place is a SCAM! After seeing all the red flags - Fake pictures, no reviews, etc. I called the property owner and they confirmed its a scam - I called the shop next door and they confirmed its a scam - and I called several shops in the town - nobody has heard of these guys. I felt bad hearing the business owner has had people show up from all over trying to get there "parts" - I flagged them on Craigslist, all I can do I supporse

Karen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karen
Vehicle(s)
GMC
It's definitely a scam! My husband Rick, called and talked with the gal who was very informative about an engine and trans that he found on Craigs List. Yes, should have been a red flag. Rick is traveling to San Antonio in a few weeks so he gave a CC over the phone for $125 deposit to hold the engine. Within 2 hours multiple bogus charges racked up on his card. Rick called QT to inform them of the bogus charges. The gal was apologetic and said she'd have her IT dept look into it. The hold deposit for QT never happened. She called back the next day and said there was nothing on her end so Rick tried again with a different CC. And, yes the bogus charges happened within an hour. Shame on us for being dumb, gullible and trusting.

Too bad we didn't find the information posted on this site before we dealt with QT. We'll do better homework next time, if something like this comes up again. Thanks all for your information.
Sponsored