Sponsored

Anyone had any issues with Code P0430 on their GT350?

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2017 GT350 that I have owned since new. The car just crossed 10K miles on it and the check engine light came on yesterday. I used forscan to check the codes and it came back with P0430 Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2. In doing some research on this it sounds like the cat converter might be going bad or possibly the O2 sensor. My car has stock exhaust with the exception of resonator deletes. The engine still running under the factory stock tune (i.e. no tuning mods).

Has anyone here had this issue with their GT350? I am trying to figure out if this is something I should try to troubleshoot myself or take it to the dealer. I would prefer to do the initial troubleshooting myself incase it is something easy to fix like a sensor. I cringe at the idea of taking the car to the dealer but will do it if that is the best path to get this taken care of.
Sponsored

OP
OP
loco_GT350

loco_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I took it to the dealer and it turned out one of the cats was bad (I can’t remember which side). It was replaced under warranty.