OP
OP
RPDBlueMoon

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Love the stories. I am proud of what I've done for sure. I married a soldier so I know what it's about, still working as a contractor. When I was overseas I was embedded with units but just stayed on the bases. I went to a few FOBs (we call them that too lol) and had some close calls as well in Afghanistan. Iraq was like a paid vacation though. I work with Strykers and used to be part of the team that maintained them when they would come back on base. Currently I issue them out all over the country with BII.

Luckily I never had any close calls on any aircraft. With civilian eyes, Blackhawks and my rides in them are by far my favorite. Chinook was meh. C130 had 1 good flight with combat decent and 2 less good lol. My one C17 ride was great! Pilot or crew member that sat upstairs may have been insanely hot in her flight suit and may have biased the opinion.

I did make friends with the armorer on a FOB in Afghanistan and he set it up so I could shoot a belt fed something or other for a few minutes during a qualifying range day with some soldiers. Came home and started my personal armory after that experience.

A few soldiers and civilians alike are considered family, even closer than family...like "I'll bring the shovel" kind of bonds. Looking back while typing this remembering all the great times...

I remember something broke in the kitchen, I think it was the oven and it was like a month before we got another one so there was no way to make food. We rationed the food, 1 biscuit or hash brown for breakfast and 1 for dinner. It sucked ass. A contractor came on base became our raidcam needed to be fixed. After the third day he was like screw this, and gave cash to the interpreter and got a bunch of eggs from the bazaar. Those eggs were the best I ever had lol. He bought enough to last us until we got a new oven. Everyone called him the food god 😂

I always thought the C130 was a badass plane from video games and movies but it was the most raggedy, shaky hunk of crap plane I have ever been in. I am not scared of flying but I am scared of C130s. The seatbelts were different and it was pitch black, I couldn't buckle in, and it was so shook like crazy. We did a combat landing and I honestly thought we were going to crash. It felt like a roller coaster, not fun at all lol.

We went there and left on a C17, and it was just 30 people so it was really nice.

We had an on-base contractor. He maintained the MRAPs/MATVs. I was very jealous, air conditioned room, nice couch and had a PlayStation 3.

You would love this photo. Guess who is the contractor?

FB_IMG_1531342914279.jpg
Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I remember something broke in the kitchen, I think it was the oven and it was like a month before we got another one so there was no way to make food. We rationed the food, 1 biscuit or hash brown for breakfast and 1 for dinner. It sucked ass. A contractor came on base became our raidcam needed to be fixed. After the third day he was like screw this, and gave cash to the interpreter and got a bunch of eggs from the bazaar. Those eggs were the best I ever had lol. He bought enough to last us until we got a new oven. Everyone called him the food god 😂

I always thought the C130 was a badass plane from video games and movies but it was the most raggedy, shaky hunk of crap plane I have ever been in. I am not scared of flying but I am scared of C130s. The seatbelts were different and it was pitch black, I couldn't buckle in, and it was so shook like crazy. We did a combat landing and I honestly thought we were going to crash. It felt like a roller coaster, not fun at all lol.

We went there and left on a C17, and it was just 30 people so it was really nice.

We had an on-base contractor. He maintained the MRAPs/MATVs. I was very jealous, air conditioned room, nice couch and had a PlayStation 3.

You would love this photo. Guess who is the contractor?

FB_IMG_1531342914279.jpg
Hahaha awesome!! I knew people that would make sure they lived like royalty compared to the soldiers. I was trained right by a former soldier and would offer rides in any vehicle I was driving and even run errands for some guys if they couldn't get over to the trailer of goodies. Accidentally got one guy in more trouble because he was in trouble for something and I gave him a ride a few blocks to get some A/C and a break from carrying a big ass gun. We got caught and he jumped out to get yelled at as I got waved off by his NCO. I would set up a projector and play Xbox off T barriers with anyone who walked up in Iraq. Never needed to but I would have given up my cot in a heartbeat for any soldier needing some rest.

One of the best things about all my experiences though has to be when my wife and I (both just got back from Afghanistan) stayed at some really nasty hooker motel and made the best of it without breaking stride. No complaints even when showering with some roaches. Talk about heart shaped eyes for her!!! Less so now that she's been out and we've been removed from those situations for a long while but we both still "soldier on" together when life sucks. Truly a team.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
we stole a special forces dirt bike from Sharana, it was a enroute place and it was me and my team we handled flight ops helping load up tricons to my base, anyway, we saw one at a dfac and my team mate took it to the airfield where we tossed it in our tricon and loaded it, and it went to our base. Lol not even joking.

anyway, our CO/1st sgt didn't even care they wasn't really sure where it came from dont ask dont tell (we got there before they did). we used it a lot around base. but yeah, pretty sweet when you are the one who gets to seal/secure and check off tricons. a lot of shady stuff, but we got away with it all.

fun stuff. I always wondered/ assumed special forces motorcycle disappearing isn't a big deal. like "eh, whatever, here's another"
Sponsored

Last edited: