Sponsored

Anybody Get Their VIN# Yet For a 2016? Post Here.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
Sorry for your loss. Gotta be tough to get an R at MSRP from here out. Wonder how many orders and DORAs are out there for no allocation? My dealer says "locked-in" and had two GT350s allocated with mine the 2nd but no build date yet. Don't know how else to be sure.

At this point it is going to be tough to find a R at all it seems. After Donson's bad news I reached out to the dealer. They said a lock means the order has been accepted by Ford but is awaiting the production cue as the Vin will not be issued until that time.
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I'm not going to ridicule you, man. I think it sucks. You'll be surprised how I actually feel.

I want only for the people on these forums who want a GT350 to get the car they want, at a reasonable price. I think we're staring down the barrel of perhaps the most badass, balanced mustang of all time.

I actually think that you trying to help people find cars is admirable. Honestly, it's some of the stuff you write afterwards that sets me off.

Sorry you didn't get your R.

And in reponse to one of your other posts, I am getting a GT350. I'm currently second in line and have been told I will be able to get my order in soon @ not-msrp. :p

And I no likey the camaro, so I'm not that guy.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
I'm not going to ridicule you, man. I think it sucks. You'll be surprised how I actually feel.

I want only for the people on these forums who want a GT350 to get the car they want, at a reasonable price. I think we're staring down the barrel of perhaps the most badass, balanced mustang of all time.

I actually think that you trying to help people find cars is admirable. Honestly, it's some of the stuff you write afterwards that sets me off.

Sorry you didn't get your R.

And in reponse to one of your other posts, I am getting a GT350. I'm currently second in line and have been told I will be able to get my order in soon @ not-msrp. :p

And I no likey the camaro, so I'm not that guy.
Fair enough...lets say you and I "bury' the hatchet" :shrug::thumbsup: excuse me while I go down town for a beer :cheers:

Sponsored

bullittman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350 chassis 0387
I know I will get cursified by some of the forum for getting all happy about getting an "R" so bring it on JOE....Steve16 and anyone else I will not retaliate...I will take the ridicule like a man.....I know I'm an idiot, so please laugh at me so I can get this over...:brokenheart::hail::doh:
Well, good news is it looks like you do have a car coming..., I think at this point with the general public starting to come on line about this car you will be happy to be in this spot at least.

:cheers:

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, Donson. That sucks. I found out a while back that dealers "thought" they could check off "920A" and get an R, print a DORA, only to find out later that they were not allocated an R. Sucks ballz man.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune, Donson. That sucks. I found out a while back that dealers "thought" they could check off "920A" and get an R, print a DORA, only to find out later that they were not allocated an R. Sucks ballz man.
That's just what happened to me at my normal dealer, but my salesman long time friend found me one at another dealership he is friends with. he's a friend indeed!

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
To my dealer's credit, they told me exactly how this would go down. They knew they were gonna get an allocation so they told me not to worry that I would get first choice. When I kept asking to place an order and get a DORA they told me not to even waste my time cause a DORA wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and just to wait till they would be advised they could place an order and it would be accepted.

Sounds like my dealer knew the deal...

Sounds like Donson's and many others didn't.

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
ADMs :bolt:

I've talked to some uber-clueless dealers/salesmen in the past month or so. Just last week I had one guy who was supposedly the internet sales manager tell me that Ford wouldn't even be building GT350s for another 6 months, and he was adamant about it.

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod

I've talked to some uber-clueless dealers/salesmen in the past month or so. Just last week I had one guy who was supposedly the internet sales manager tell me that Ford wouldn't even be building GT350s for another 6 months, and he was adamant about it.
Unfortunately, you are SOOOO correct. You wouldn't believe some of the responses I've received while calling around. I've heard anything from, "The only people getting 2015 GT350s are Ford Executives", to "They won't be making Shelby's this year. They won't start making them until 2016."

My favorite? I've had SEVERAL salesmen respond to my question of whether or not they have an allocation for a Shelby GT350 Mustang with, "You want a Chevy Mustang???" No joke. MULTIPLE times. :D

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2

I heard the same thing, many times...I'm like.. what?.:confused:..the only thing I can think of to excuse them is; its only one or few cars...so they are not "in the know"...or just not into the product knowledge of the specialty cars they sale...i.e STV product...
Sponsored