Sponsored

Any experiences fitting 10 rib kit on Roush 2.3L

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone have experience fitting a 10rib kit such as VMP 10rib on a 2.3L Roush?

I've had to replace my belt twice now, belt got shredded after like 30 passes of tire testing. I have an appointment with a shop to do a 10 rib conversion and do laser belt alignment for me. I figured at my power level I may just as well just switch to a 10rib conversation and be done with it instead of just paying labor to align the 6rib. I have to drive over 200 miles to get it done at a shop I'm trusting to do the work this time so I want to make it count.

The problem for me is that I'm seeing that to fit a 69mm pulley 10 rib on a 2.3, the nose has to machined down. Has anyone done this?

The second option is to fit a Gen3r with the 10rib while I'm at it but I'm not seeing a price I like to convince me so far for just a more efficient head unit swap.

Any opinions or experiences with 10rib on a 2.3 and machining the nose? I want to do this 10rib, not trying stick with 6rib, just looking for experiences and opinions on what it takes to do it.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited: