SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I'd love to lose the spacers but hate to lose the stance...
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I'd love to lose the spacers but hate to lose the stance...
Well, I just went an measured, it's about 3mm out, so i might just get some shims just to flush it up a bit. :lol:

Really, i'm just finding any excuse to put something on the car :lol:

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Finally decided on the spacers. Have ordered the Eibacjh 25mm for the fronts and 20mm for the rears both in black.

Thinking being if the rears stick out too much, I'll have them shaved by a few mm. I don't want the plate types and much prefer to have the bolt on ones.

Fingers crossed this will be okay. ÂŁ176 delivered. Very happy with the price too.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
20mm rears generally do not fit, due to back spacing so be sure to double check when fitting.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
20mm rears generally do not fit, due to back spacing so be sure to double check when fitting.
What this man says. I have 23s on the rear and they're tight in the pockets.
There are differing reports however...

Sponsored

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the worst comes to worst, I'm hoping I can have 2-3mm shaved off of the 20mm for the rears and have them fitted on again. I just really really don't want plate spacers on original length nuts on the rear with this car.

I'm hoping I won't have to have them shaved but will see. Time to look for a good machinist in Nottingham too just in case. LOL

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
It's the stock hub bolts that are a bit too long with anything less than 23mm. They poke through the spacer and contact the back of the wheel. Some have taken a mil or three off the bolts and others have machined (read "drilled") the pockets in the rear of the wheels out a little.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's the stock hub bolts that are a bit too long with anything less than 23mm. They poke through the spacer and contact the back of the wheel. Some have taken a mil or three off the bolts and others have machined (read "drilled") the pockets in the rear of the wheels out a little.

Aaaaaaaaaaaa right. I see what you mean now. I'll probably drill holes in the alloys rather than mess about with the studs. I could probably dremel 3mm off but I don't wanna mess it up so better to drill into alloys and apply protective paint.

sunny

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sunny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black on Black
I have 1.5" (38mm) on the rears and 1" (25mm) on the fronts. These were from AM. Rears are propa pokey (exactly the muscle look i was going for). No need to bore or dremmel anything... They just bolt on with the supplied nuts n bolts... Wheels are then bolted on to this. Had them on since November last year. No probs whatsoever. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Right. Spacers are here

25mm fronts. From what people have said. No problems getting these on at the front.

20mm rears. This is where I need clarification. I have ordered a set of drill bits 14mm through 18mm) which will allow me to drill into the alloys in case (as suggested) the existing lug nuts poke out too much which would prevent me from putting the alloys on properly. Has anyone put 20mm hubcentric spacers on their rears and what did you have to do?

Got a new torque wrench on order. Got the settings as 150 lb. ft or 204 Nm

Got the copper grease on order too as I don't want the spacer to stick and weld lol
IMG_9544.JPG
IMG_9545.JPG

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Right. Spacers are here

25mm fronts. From what people have said. No problems getting these on at the front.

20mm rears. This is where I need clarification. I have ordered a set of drill bits 14mm through 18mm) which will allow me to drill into the alloys in case (as suggested) the existing lug nuts poke out too much which would prevent me from putting the alloys on properly. Has anyone put 20mm hubcentric spacers on their rears and what did you have to do?

Got a new torque wrench on order. Got the settings as 150 lb. ft or 204 Nm

Got the copper grease on order too as I don't want the spacer to stick and weld lol
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77099&highlight=spacers&page=4 see post #55 - that's what you wanna do. The studs I'm fairly sure will poke out slightly on the 20mm, so you're either drilling or shaving...

150lb is correct I believe for the torque.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
A word of advice.

When you fit the spacers to the hub, use blue loctite and torque them 125lb/ft.

Then when you fit wheels to spacer, also torque those to 125lb/ft and DO NOT use loctite.

150lb/ft is too much for spacers and could eventually crack them. 125lb/ft is enough and so do them to that, go for a drive and then re-check at 125lb/ft again.

When I ran spacers I did this, ran Silverstone and had zero issues. Just if you find the specs from Eibach they quote something like a maximum of 110lb/ft for the spacer.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A word of advice.

When you fit the spacers to the hub, use blue loctite and torque them 125lb/ft.

Then when you fit wheels to spacer, also torque those to 125lb/ft and DO NOT use loctite.

150lb/ft is too much for spacers and could eventually crack them. 125lb/ft is enough and so do them to that, go for a drive and then re-check at 125lb/ft again.

When I ran spacers I did this, ran Silverstone and had zero issues. Just if you find the specs from Eibach they quote something like a maximum of 110lb/ft for the spacer.
Noted, Blue Loctite threadlocker ordered :D

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Right. Spacers are here

l
Think I have the same set-up as Mike said any wider on the rear, and they will stick it, these sit flush and look the business, as for all the other stuff to do, Mike fitted them, have had no issues,
dscn1987.jpg
Sponsored