Another 9 second Hellion car/ now with “predator” 5.2/GT 350 heads

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am sure you already did, but i would talk to your engine builder before you go any further. The way i am taking what you are saying is you had a factory 5.0l block bored and sleeved to 5.2l. I can't see how those head gaskets you say you used would be correct since the 5.2l block has different coolant passages at the very least. It really doesnt take much to restrict oil to a head, or to bleed off pressure. Where was he measuring the pressure at the head?
Thanks again man.

My installer said when the pressure at the sending unit was 30 psi it was 5 psi at the right head .

I definitely will .My installer had initially raised some concerns when I said I was going to be ordering the head gaskets for the Shelby GT 350 ,as he was not sure it would fit .MMR had said the regular 5.0 head gaskets would work with the heads but that the GT 350 gaskets " were only recommended when using the heads on a 5.2 bore"
They did not specify if they meant a bored out 5.0 or the Shelby block .
I assumed he would be able to tell if those gaskets were the right ones before assemblying the block .
Sponsored

amg1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Olaosunt, I think you should go back to the GT heads and leave the 350 heads for a different day. Get one of your cars running consistent first, you can even port and put cams in the regular GT heads. My point is stock has been proven to work already . my humble opinion still.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Olaosunt, I think you should go back to the GT heads and leave the 350 heads for a different day. Get one of your cars running consistent first, you can even port and put cams in the regular GT heads. My point is stock has been proven to work already . my humble opinion still.
Thanks bro.
That's solid advice ,and it looks like I may be putting the only set of GT heads I still have back in the Hellion car(the other set were trashed when the On3 I had in the now KB failed ) .

Not sure I should be investing another $3.5 K getting new heads if the GT 350 heads now in the car are trashed .

I will use the stock GT cams that have been proven to make well over 1100 rwhp with stock heads and 5.0 short block .I may see some extra gain with the 5.2 block

I just got the block and heads(GT 350) that were originally in the Hellion car .
back.

The sleeved block was rebuilt with a brand new rotating assembly and both block and heads were decked so hopefully there won't be any issues .

That long block is going to be going in the kB car first before my tech even touches the Hellion car again .

I really need to feel good again about these cars so hoping no issues with this one .
I am really looking forward to driving it with the D&D built Magnum XL.

I alreayb have Corbeau FXI seats to swap out with the base seats

.I am also deleting the rear seat and will be losing even more weight with the Baer front and rear brakes .

Goal is a 9 second pass at least once then probably just going to become a street car (may swap back the stock brakes ).

Hopefully the Hellion car will be up and running again by then as I want to try for an 8.99 pass.

I have a set of aerospace drag brakes -front and double rears -to help lose weight and hopefully help the 60
It already has a 2 sep but trying to avoid a trans brake.

If I hit that goal once she too will retire and become a street car again .

Hopefully they will both stay together long enough for me to reach those goals

The GT 350 is going to remain stock ,as it has been my most reliable mustang.

No fun at the strip though so hoping I will be able to trade it for the next GT 500.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Was thinking about what I would do in this situation last night. If you haven't pulled the motor (or even if you have). Pressurize the oiling system ( like when you prime the motor) with the valvecovers off. If it is that one polished cam journal, you will see it gushing more oil out of it than the rest.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was thinking about what I would do in this situation last night. If you haven't pulled the motor (or even if you have). Pressurize the oiling system ( like when you prime the motor) with the valvecovers off. If it is that one polished cam journal, you will see it gushing more oil out of it than the rest.
Thanks man! I will try that .

Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
May be I should just drop in alluminator 5.2 XS?

https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...-aluminator-5-2-xs-crate-engine-m-6007-a52xs/

Looks like they are now available .
Seriously considering this .Just drop in and go,take the long block in there now out and take my time figuring what's up with it

I could take my time rebuilding it(sleeved 5.2 has zero mikes so hopefully still good )with my old GT heads(consider ported/cams ) or the GT 350 heads if salvagable (ported/cams ).

Always wanted to have a "spare motor "....this would be a hell of a spare .lol

Alluminator XS is not sleeved though but I bet it makes crazy power at low boost.

I could always throw in the "spare " if I felt the need to make crazy power .

Also even considering getting rid of either my daily (S4) or even the GT 350 ,then Pick up a base /auto GT swap out the motor and "presto" my own N/A SE mustang .
I would run around for a while NA and see how much Lund cam squeeze out of it on E 85 (I bet more than the 580 Ford Racing states ).
I Know It would not be too soon before I got bored..... so add low mounted twins (boost works or custom fathouse ) or whipple .

I know I would truly be satisfied then (especially if I get to keep all 4 ) and would not look twice at the new GT 500 whenever it comes out and cost more than all 4 I would have together . Lol

I would be satisfied ......at least until winter comes around and I start missing the S4.
But that's why they make beaters....

Whatever happened to "keeping it simple and downsizing number of mustangs?"

End of day dream .:headbonk:

Last edited:
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where is that damn money tree I used to have ?

Any one got a sugar momma I could borrow ?

TT15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Yellow GT
Thats the problem with wanting to go fast. Its a never ending battle against yourself. Should i do this? Should i do that? Hmmmmmm. Damn choices. I started growing a money tree in my back yard. Ill let you know if it starts producing more than i can spend!!!!

tws123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt premium
Where is that damn money tree I used to have ?

Any one got a sugar momma I could borrow ?
let me know if sugar momma has a sister lol! or maybe I can transplant that money tree? Everytime I get to thinking I should twin turbo my car I read one of your threads and ask myself why? I don't think I have the patience to deal with everything you have gone through. Hopefully we will know something on the gt500 soon.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
let me know if sugar momma has a sister lol! or maybe I can transplant that money tree? Everytime I get to thinking I should twin turbo my car I read one of your threads and ask myself why? I don't think I have the patience to deal with everything you have gone through. Hopefully we will know something on the gt500 soon.
I really want a factory gt500, but im afraid i'll blow that motor too and be right where I am now lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol.
Well, I figure since my misadventures have saved you so much money you should have n0 problems contributing to my "go fund me please, I need to go faster!!" account .

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Holy hell you've been through the ringer!! All this modding, i think, you love deep down(just don't look at the numbers)...i guess you were able to leave the 350 stock, but will you be able to not tinker on the gt500?? My guess is no;)

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I really want a factory gt500, but im afraid i'll blow that motor too. and be right where I am now lol.
No problem there .
Just "build it " before you start messing with it.
Lol
If it comes with a TT you will want bigger turbos for sure !
Supercharged !, No problem we have a pulley for that .
If it does not make enough on race gas..."got corn?" to go with the tripe pumps .
2 piece drive shaft not strong enough -welll you know how it goes .
Lol

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
No problem there .
Just "build it " before you start messing with it.
Lol
If it comes with a TT you will want bigger turbos for sure !
Supercharged !, No problem we have a pulley for that .
If it does not make enough on race gas..."got corn?" to go with the tripe pumps .
2 piece drive shaft not strong enough -welll you know how it goes .
Lol
Pretty much spot on. Stock Whipple not enough, then octanium, then E85 and small ass pulley, then 4 bent rods!! Shit :doh: down for 4+ months.

Rinse repeat.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
https://fordracingpartsbydonwood.co...-aluminator-5-2-xs-crate-engine-m-6007-a52xs/

Looks like they are now available .
Seriously considering this .Just drop in and go,take the long block in there now out and take my time figuring what's up with it

I could take my time rebuilding it(sleeved 5.2 has zero mikes so hopefully still good )with my old GT heads(consider ported/cams ) or the GT 350 heads if salvagable (ported/cams ).

Always wanted to have a "spare motor "....this would be a hell of a spare .lol

Alluminator XS is not sleeved though but I bet it makes crazy power at low boost.

I could always throw in the "spare " if I felt the need to make crazy power .

Also even considering getting rid of either my daily (S4) or even the GT 350 ,then Pick up a base /auto GT swap out the motor and "presto" my own N/A SE mustang .
I would run around for a while NA and see how much Lund cam squeeze out of it on E 85 (I bet more than the 580 Ford Racing states ).
I Know It would not be too soon before I got bored..... so add low mounted twins (boost works or custom fathouse ) or whipple .

I know I would truly be satisfied then (especially if I get to keep all 4 ) and would not look twice at the new GT 500 whenever it comes out and cost more than all 4 I would have together . Lol

I would be satisfied ......at least until winter comes around and I start missing the S4.
But that's why they make beaters....

Whatever happened to "keeping it simple and downsizing number of mustangs?"

End of day dream .:headbonk:
NO! Just NO to all of this!

Do not buy another engine.
Do not buy another car.

Fix what you have 1st! Sort out 1 car with whatever combo is easiest and fastest to compkete.

Fix 2nd car by buying whatever remainder is necessary that you cant scrounge up from the already massive mountian of parts you have.

Step 3. Sell 2 RUNNING cars and by then ford should have a GT500 out by then.
bye bye headaches and enjoy a GT350 AND a GT500 sitting in the garage.

Dont even think about selling or touching the daily driver S4 either!!

PS if you really have an urge to buy a 5.2 crate or more parts i will happily send you my address LOL!!
Sponsored