Sponsored

Android headunit causing A/C modulation?

syperlaxer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jan
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang v6 convertable
lil background, once it gets over like 80 degrees the ac, will either turn on and off 20-second intervals or just blow hot air once outside temp. reaches around 90ish

i told the dealership about it and the first time they called me and said they found no problems with the ac to which i responded and said to please test it again in the afternoon when the temps are above 80 and for more than a few mins so the ac could do its thing, so that was a few days ago and now i (unforitatly missed the call) but have a voice mail saying that they suspect that its my aftermarket head unit that's causing the a/c to turn on and off. is that possible or are they just b/sing me because the ac works fine when the outside air is below like 80 but once it reaches 80 then i start having hot air issues with ac

(this is from a 2016 v6 s550 convertible)
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
If I remember correctly, when you make a call thru the Sync system, the car will reduce the a/c fan speed during the call to minimize wind noise on the call and returns the a/c to previous setting after the calls ends.
Now with that being said, since you removed the Sync head unit and replaced it with an aftermarket head unit, maybe there is something in the wiring that was hooked up wrong and the car is reading some action incorrectly and is turning down the a/c thinking you are making a current phone call