Sponsored

Amp troubles with seatbelt chime

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
I recently installed an amp, and subs.

When I set the gain on the amp, it makes the seatbelt chime incredibly loud and I can't figure out how to get around this. I can't use the gain setting on my amp without having the seatbelt chime unbearably loud.

Did I wire my amp incorrectly or what can I do?
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I recently installed an amp, and subs.

When I set the gain on the amp, it makes the seatbelt chime incredibly loud and I can't figure out how to get around this. I can't use the gain setting on my amp without having the seatbelt chime unbearably loud.

Did I wire my amp incorrectly or what can I do?
Can you tell us how you wired your amp up? Where did you wire the turn on lead to and how did you supply power to the amp?

OP
OP

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
Can you tell us how you wired your amp up? Where did you wire the turn on lead to and how did you supply power to the amp?
I believe I followed some guide on a mustang forum. It was a thread dedicated to wiring new amps on the 2015+ mustangs. I'll have to see if I can find it because I don't remember exactly how I wired it to be honest. It was last summer and I kind of just put up with the loud seatbelt chime

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The turn on lead and power supply have nothing to do with this.

Effectively your only solution is to keep the gain down on the amp and the input voltage as high as you can get.

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

Effectively your only solution is to keep the gain down on the amp and the input voltage as high as you can get.
are you saying this is normal for complete system installs? or just the result for the way the OP did it? I have one of oemradio's harnesses and the obdII programmers to remove the processing, so I can install a 4 channel amp to go with the sub I already installed, now Im having second thoughts.........

Last edited:

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I'm saying you cannnot jack up the gain on the amp and expect sounds not controlled by the volume knob to be quiet. The secret to this is to not jack the gain up on your amp just because you can. It's a fine art sometimes.

OP
OP

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium

Ah, thats unfortunate :(

I thought it could've been the way I had installed/wired my amp for sure. But I guess not.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
You can also head over to the as-built thread in the DIY section and find the code to change the chimes to only come from the IPC instead of the speakers. This would be the easiest solution, but would require an OBD2 reader and a copy of ForScan.

OP
OP

jdlufkins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium
You can also head over to the as-built thread in the DIY section and find the code to change the chimes to only come from the IPC instead of the speakers. This would be the easiest solution, but would require an OBD2 reader and a copy of ForScan.

Sounds interesting. I'll go take a look at the thread, thanks!
Sponsored