Sponsored

Amazing Detailer in Belmont (SF Bay Area)

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT
I just got my car back from having the paint corrected, polished, and Opti-Coat (sealer) applied by Andrew at Auto Salon Works (http://www.yelp.com/biz/auto-salon-works-belmont-2). Defiantly worth it.

Opti-Coat is a paint sealer that acts like a second harder clear coat, and also adds more gloss to the paint. It also repels dirt and water, so she'll stay cleaner for longer and water spots won't be an issue. Best part is Opti-Coat is thick and hard enough to take scratches, and then be polished away and re-applied if needed. Opti-Coat was also applied to the plastic surfaces, making them darker and shinier. Like Armor All, but it will last for years.

I want to stress what makes the paint stand out is all the correction work Andrew did, Opti-Coat just enhances it.

Wasn't cheap, but I defiantly think it's worth it. Not only does the paint look FAR better, but it'll be protected for a few years. Total cost was $1,300 and it took 3 days from start to finish.

Sponsored

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
looks great

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
... having the paint corrected, polished, and Opti-Coat (sealer) applied
I've read that term before. What does "the paint corrected" mean specifically?

OP
OP
CoyoteS550

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
I've read that term before. What does "the paint corrected" mean specifically?
Basically its making the paint perfect. Here's an image from Andrew's Yelp page of the before and after paint correction.

It's of course more noticeable on older cars, but newer cars can benefit from it as well. I had several scratches and swirls put in the clear coat from the dealership and bodyshop. Andrew was able to fix all that and make the car look better than new.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
Looks good, but I've already added vinyl stripes on my GT, so I doubt the opti-coat can be applied.

OP
OP
CoyoteS550

CoyoteS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, but I've already added vinyl stripes on my GT, so I doubt the opti-coat can be applied.
It can be, in fact I plan to apply Opti-Coat over a clear bra and vinyl.
Sponsored