Sponsored

Aluminum Plates

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang V8 Fastback 2017
I have asked my dealer not to put the plate on the front as im looking to get an aluminum plate for the front. Anyone who has done this whats the best way to stick it to the bumper (Don't want it flying off after 10 minutes):lol: And is it easy to bend round get the right shape?
Sponsored

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I have asked my dealer not to put the plate on the front as im looking to get an aluminum plate for the front. Anyone who has done this whats the best way to stick it to the bumper (Don't want it flying off after 10 minutes):lol: And is it easy to bend round get the right shape?
I got some generic double sided foam tape from amazon - about an inch wide and ran a few strips vertically on the back of the plate.

Oh, and for the back plate - you will want to double up on the sticky pads/strips to clear the 2 little nipple things.

Bending the plate isn't easy I found. You need a table and then something flat & heavy to secure half of the plate, then bend up/down accordingly to create a fold.

I think others have just let it bend naturally (no fold) which would also work

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got some generic double sided foam tape from amazon - about an inch wide and ran a few strips vertically on the back of the plate.

Oh, and for the back plate - you will want to double up on the sticky pads/strips to clear the 2 little nipple things.

Bending the plate isn't easy I found. You need a table and then something flat & heavy to secure half of the plate, then bend up/down accordingly to create a fold.

I think others have just let it bend naturally (no fold) which would also work
Ah cheers, The back plate is mounted only the front that isnt. Didnt mind the back one just the front i didnt want drilled. Whats the best place to get the plates? Ebay? place near me only does acryllic so wont be going there.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ah cheers, The back plate is mounted only the front that isnt. Didnt mind the back one just the front i didnt want drilled. Whats the best place to get the plates? Ebay? place near me only does acryllic so wont be going there.
Got mine from http://www.number1plates.com/ for about £25

You can get cheaper alternatives from places like ebay but they may not adhere to the official legal regulations or be of great quality, where as this website does (you need to supply V5c/licence proof).

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I used number1plates.com for mine. They were really quick and was happy with the result

OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Before I fitted my sticker one, I had the aluminium plate:)

To bend it, I marked the middle, then placed it between 2 pieces of wood in a vice with the line I'd marked in the centre, then bent it to suit.:) worked a treat

Just used 3M double sided foam tape to stick it on:thumbsup:

Sponsored
OP
OP

supersnedz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also used http://www.number1plates.com/ very good quality aluminium plates

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3M-DUAL-L...hash=item2120e068ea:m:m67RVsxwHXmKNYSMsy9sTqw

I bought the clear 1m version of the above and just cut 3 bits for the front (left, middle (on the curve) and right) to help the metal plate bend nicely and then 2 squares for the back. When I was the car, I pull the plates off to get behind them :thumbsup:
Before I fitted my sticker one, I had the aluminium plate:)

To bend it, I marked the middle, then placed it between 2 pieces of wood in a vice with the line I'd marked in the centre, then bent it to suit.:) worked a treat

Just used 3M double sided foam tape to stick it on:thumbsup:

Cheers guys, ordered my plate from number1plates last night, and got some 3m foam coming. Thanks for all the help everyone

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
I must've been lucky, the supplying dealer fitted Ali plates on the front perfectly. Enoch gave you a sound engineers wee tip :thumbsup:
Sponsored