Sponsored

Aluminum Bumper Beams

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
There was a recent post asking if the R had lost the rear aluminum bumper beam. I have an internal Ford Document dated June 2015 that states that it has not lost it. Both the GT350 & the R will get the front aluminum bumper beam but, only the R will get the rear aluminum bumper beam.
Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
The CFPP upper radiator support/FEM, and Aluminum bumper beams are something I am very interested in to build my GTPP into a GTTP.

I would imagine the bumpers are still very similar in shape and mounting because it's less validation to crash from the Mustang to the GT350.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
The CFPP upper radiator support/FEM, and Aluminum bumper beams are something I am very interested in to build my GTPP into a GTTP.

I would imagine the bumpers are still very similar in shape and mounting because it's less validation to crash from the Mustang to the GT350.
Beams may be the same but I don't think you'll match the CF radiator support as the front of the 350 is much different in height and size than the GT.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Beams may be the same but I don't think you'll match the CF radiator support as the front of the 350 is much different in height and size than the GT.
I thought they had to make it GT350 specific to accommodate the lower hood/headlights?

Sponsored

Mystic_Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 RR GT350, '65 Mustang Coupe
Yeah, we assumed that the rear bumper beam dropped from the R since it is no longer on the order guide. Let's hope they didn't drop it. It would be a nice upgrade for later on for any S550.

Last edited:

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
That very well may be the case, however I know the fenders mount exactly the same as an acquaintance got one.

I know Ford likes to commonize components, keeping things decked the same only makes sense from a manufacturing perspective even if the parts are unique.

The dealer I got my GT through said they would give me a call when a GT350 came in to take a closer look at, so hopefully soonish.

If nothing else my coworker builds Carbon Fiber components, and is looking to make some S550 parts.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
This is what Ford says. IIRC, the headlights are mounted 2 inches lower than on a regular Mustang, which means their mounting points - if not the whole front structure - could be significantly different. I cut the stuff not relevant to this discussion.

"The new aluminum hood has been lowered and sloped, compared to the base Mustang, tightly wrapped around the engine for the smallest possible aerodynamic signature. Front and rear aero elements have been balanced to work together on the track. The fascia has been resculpted to provide the aggressive lower front splitter with maximum pressure ...

"The athletic stance of the all-new Mustang is further accentuated with recontoured aluminum front fenders to accommodate the wider front track and wider wheel arches. Front fender vents work with vented inner fenders to draw out turbulent air in the wheel wells and smoothly direct it down the side of the car. The forward-angled grille is designed with individual openings to draw air through the radiator, high-pressure engine air intake, cooling ducts for the front brakes and, optional with the Track Pack, an engine oil cooler and a transmission cooler."

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
A composite one would be nice, but the aluminum one has some consideration for crash performance and weight reduction.

Sponsored