Allocation rules for an R?

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
So I was doing some investigating in to an R and contacted a CA dealer I had spoken with last year when I was looking for a 350. I know this dealer only had one 350 allocation. I asked them how many they were getting for 2017 and the sales manager tells me they have an allocation for an R and would I be interested. He still hasn't answered my question if they are getting any other 350's, which is typical for him as he never answers direct questions immediately when asked. I've had to drag every bit of info out of him in the past.

Anyway, just wondering if the three 350's rule still stands before you are allocated an R?
Sponsored

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
The rule stands unless they won a lottery car, or made some other arrangement that we don't know about.

OP
OP

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
The rule stands unless they won a lottery car, or made some other arrangement that we don't know about.
I didn't know they were doing the lottery thing for 17, too. I guess anything's possible.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Some dealers were able to get another allotment by making a deal with ford to run certain incentives or start a rental cal program. So of your dealer only got 2, but made a deal to get a 3rd in 2016 it doesn't necessarily mean they will get an R for 17. Or if they bought allotments from other dealers does that count as selling 3 or did they have to be awarded to you from ford to count?

Some dealers get them based on mustang sales, some get them based on the lottery. I've even heard that if they got one last year without the lottery they will get one this year. Or maybe someone has connections with Ford, did a favor, and the R allocation was the reward. Who really knows. All we can do is speculate.

swedensky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Lariat 3.5, 2016 GT350
I think the rule can be spread over the two year period AND/OR over all the dealers in one autogroup.
Example: we received 5 GT350s this year, only 1 R. 2017 we have 4 GT350 allocations and 2 Rs. Totals to 9/3.
We also have 4 Ford dealers in our auto group and I'm not sure everyone's totals but I would guess that wouldn't be the way to do it since we each have different sales numbers, VOC, etc

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Is the 9/3 for just your location or across all 4 dealers in the group?
Sponsored