christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Hello

This is a rare venture out of the UK sub forum for me.
I'm after a "wake the dead" volume horn replacement for my Mustang. I got totally ripped off by one on Amazon which promised much and didn't end up working at all. So I'm going to do what I should have done all along and ask you experts.

Is this a mod anyone has researched? It doesn't have to play a tune - I'm not planning on joining any Puerto Rican drugs gangs. Just a two-tone single blast that's enough to put heavily pregnant people into labour and shatter nearby windows.

Having got shafted once, money no obstacle to doing this properly.

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
dont be one of those people that people hate in public

OP
OP
christianUK

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Lol ok point taken and actually my research is steering me towards the much-more-sensible cadillac 4 tone horn option

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
[MENTION=24176]christianUK[/MENTION] I did a bit of research back when I was looking into getting one myself, and I think "Hornblaster" seemed like a reputable brand. They have a solid variety IIRC.

Just FYI once I saw the costs and that they use basically half the components needed in an airlift suspension (which I also want) I decided it would be better to postpone that dream to a later date personally. Just wanted to clarify why I never did buy any.

To the negative-nancys here: we should all refrain from only supplying discouragement when people ask for advice. Everyone has their own opinions and goals for their car. Having the first response to an "objective" thread/question being someone throwing shade does nothing to add-to/supplement the knowledge-base that is contained on this site, and only discourages people from using it, therefore decreasing its potential. At the very least add something beneficial to the thread even if you also have something conflicting to say.

In my opinion air-horns can be a great show piece. I personally wanted one to tell bad drivers how I am truly feeling instead of having to keep it in and building up my road rage and therefore driving more aggressively myself. The factory horn doesn't offer the comedic relief I believed an airhorn would.

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Also saw the Cadillac option also, but don't ever remember seeing a good aftermarket equivalent to the old OEM GM ones people love. If you find something keep us updated as I may follow in your footsteps.

Sponsored

OP
OP
christianUK

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Thank you very much guys for your considered replies, all useful stuff. I've heard of a few guys with airlifts so I'll ask to go for a ride with whoever's closest and see what that's like. You're right of course, if you've got one of those then you're most of the way there already.

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP