Sponsored

Air Conditioning (specifically the evaporator) failed after 15 months of ownership

Stroked84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
https://i.imgur.com/MhfzEPr.jpg (I'm on my iPad, can't upload it anywhere else.)

I just had the air conditioner fixed (evaporator replaced), front brakes replaced (tsb 15-0030) and recalled passenger door latch replaced. They had it for a week, they gave me an f150 quadcab for free without having to ask. They weren't going to fix the brakes, because the pads and rotors were within spec until I showed the service advisor the tsb. All in all a smooth experience.

I'm not sure how it would be possible, but the throttle seems more responsive. I'm not sure if that's because I was trying to avoid the whistling sound it made when accelerating or if the a/c assembly was somehow draining power? I'm happy.

7six2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
I had my evaporator replaced 400 miles ago and its still making the same noise as when it was broken. Still blows cold.

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I had numerous v6 rental for work last year. I killed the ac in 2 of them. So far my own car is fine at 27k