Sponsored

Adding Sirius to a base model radio

bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2015 GT/PP
I've searched the forum for the last couple of weeks but it's entirely possible that I missed it as there's a ton of info out there and it's likely buried deep in a thread somewhere. I'm adding Sirius to my base model radio and I need to know what is required to be changed via Forscan, and at what address, in the APIM and/or ACM to show the Sirius menu on the display. I've already added the ACM which is SDARS ready and I already have a Sirius subscription. I made a couple changes in the APIM based on the F150 spreadsheet and that was no help. Also, there's a thread about modifying the menu on a Sync3 to remove the Sirius icon from the display by decrementing the value at 7D0-01-01-Xxxx-xxxx by two. I guessed that incrementing that value by two would add the item. While that may be true for a Sync 3, it's not for a base APIM. Anyone done this?
Sponsored

OP
OP
bomlodr

bomlodr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 SVO, 2015 GT/PP
Just to close this out in case anyone finds this during a search, this is NOT a plug and play endeavor! I purchased an SDARS capable ACM from a member here that came out of a 2018 Mustang. Armed with my original as built as well as the spreadsheets from the various sources as well as the as built from a 2018 F150 with the base Sync and Sirius, I set out to make this work. Everything I tried, failed. After I PMd one of the resident SMEs about my situation, he informed me that there is more programming as well as a different ACIM flash that needs to be present in order to make this work. I'm likely relaying slightly incorrect details but the bottom line is, it's not as simple as changing the ACM and a couple of bits at specific addresses in the modules. I've seen the videos where the other vendor of sync conversions installs this exact configuration (sirius into a base sync) with a pre-programmed dongle magically making everything work. So, unless someone wants to post up the as-built after doing one of those conversions, I'd say this is a dead issue. I said screw it and am upgrading to Sync 3 via HarnessbyHextall. I'll get my Sirius with Nav as an added bonus.

slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium,6 Speed, 401A Pkg, Kona Blue
This maybe a viable alternative for you, depending where you live and your cell phone reception.

I cancelled my Sirius XM satellite subscription last year and instead got the streaming service through their app. Now I can take SiriusXM anywhere with my smartphone. Their deal right now is 5.99/month for 12 months.
Sponsored