Sponsored

A10 performance pack banging the limiter

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Any one having an issue with car in D or S with drive mode in sport + track or Drag mode with traction off and advanced traction off bumping the limiter before a shift . Mine intermittently bumps the limiter going for 3rd gear every other time or two if I try and go from a dig . Not using the paddles, it stutters at 7600 for a second then shifts it’s really pissing me off
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
I would have the dealer take a look at it since it seems yours is doing it regularly. It might just need a software update but that's just a guess. I have done several WOT pulls on my GT and never bounced off the limiter unless I was shifting using the paddles and didnt shift on time.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
I've seen a few other threads on this with guys having similar problems. I have never noticed it on mine. But someone suggested that it may take a few runs for the transmission to "learn." Not sure if there's any truth to that at all.

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
It's a common thing! Here a response a made a couple months ago.

"For the vast majority I don't think it's a transmission issue!

The throttle rpm engine rev limiter and some of the stock transmission limiter are way to close to the commanded shift point . On occasion when the rpm goes too high it get to those limiters and the throttle is cut.

Some cars exhibit more of the problem. I had more problem than my friend twin car. My car some time for whatever reason was shifting a bit higher and then it was hitting the limiter.

Easy to fix with a tune but for those with the stock calibration it's another storie. Maybe Ford will fix it with a new stock calibration on the 2019 and maybe a tsb will be issue on the 2018 for a calibration update for those who have the problem"

With time the intrusion may become less commons. If not I guess you will have to try your chance at a dealer, good luck then lol or put a tune .
Sponsored