OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
The keys to power gain is increase in size of tube to the throttle body, size of mass air meter and more filter surface area.

Combined with pulling cooler air, this could very well be the ticket. As long as the supply tube to the filter box is of sufficient size. Bigger will be better in that aspect. As large as possible.

You are right and remember having intake directly connected to the front grill means there is always a high pressure air sitting in front of the intake. While that means nothing when testing on a dyno in the real world there is quite a bit of air pushing on the front of the car when it is moving. Wouldn't surprise me to find that it is what helped the Mustang have have such a high top speed run stock.
Sponsored

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
a CAI alone does not add power. It requires a tune which affects the MAF transfer function to accommodate for a larger MAF tube.

You also need to match your MAF tube, with your TB, and your Manifold opening for it to be proper.

Larger inlet pipe, but a smaller TB and Manifold inlet, where does the extra air go? Oh, it tunnels back to the MAF.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Ford apparently thinks there is merit to the CAI, since the Ford Racing CAI combines the open top, conical filter CAI with the ram air function of the stock air box.

But I'm sure Ford doesn't know what they're doing.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT

Sponsored

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I have actually tested to see if the rubber gasket touches the hood a couple different CAI and they aren't even close. A rubber gasket doesn't mean it touches. The GT500 wasn't even close to touching and I won't name the other major aftermarket CAI I tested but it had a 2" inch gap in some places.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I have actually tested to see if the rubber gasket touches the hood a couple different CAI and they aren't even close. A rubber gasket doesn't mean it touches. The GT500 wasn't even close to touching and I won't name the other major aftermarket CAI I tested but it had a 2" inch gap in some places.
My Steeda unit leaves an imprint in the hood liner. There may be a small gap here or there but most of the air is coming from the bumper/grill area through the cold air extension tube/box piece.

My Fox car has the CAI in the fender but who wants to chop metal on the newer cars?I would but doubt there is room.

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Saw the Airaid for both the GT and EB in person at SEMA today, and they look really top notch. Still waiting to hear dyno numbers.

Angel14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angel
Has anyone seen if the JLT intake is any good or is just another hot air intake, and also has anyone noticed that the Ford racing cold air intake tube is bigger than all the others?

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
its because an open box helps suck in more air. the benefit of the (more air) out weighs the negative of the hot air..

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
I would urge people to make their own informed decisions and not just listen to one self proclaimed expert on anything subject.

look at the front of the car, where is the air going at 50mph......

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
its because an open box helps suck in more air. the benefit of the (more air) out weighs the negative of the hot air..
The CAIs aren't even sucking in the hot air is the thing. I'll know for certain tomorrow when I pick up my car but I'm willing to bet that the inlet temps are pretty close to ambient when moving.

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
If you look, I belive most all of the tuner cars running good times at the track are using a "hot air" intake. lol

JLT will be my choice.

OP
OP

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
If you look, I belive most all of the tuner cars running good times at the track are using a "hot air" intake. lol

JLT will be my choice.

Because they have no option. Keep accepting second best and that is all you will get.

ThatsMrGimp2U

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Everette
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang (Oxford White, PP)
If its going to get hot, you need to have the shortest pipe possible. For the filter to be in the stock location AND have piping that heatsoaks.... Worst of both worlds.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Sponsored