Sponsored

A new damn recall - 2016 Mustang seat belt assemblies

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
2016 Mustangs, something to do with seatbelts

Ford issues safety compliance recall for certain 2016 Ford Mustang vehicles in North America after restraint parts could have been damaged during shipping

Ford is issuing a safety compliance recall for approximately 1,900 2016 Ford Mustang vehicles in North America after some restraint parts could have been damaged during shipping from the supplier prior to installation in the vehicle. If damaged during shipping, the affected restraint parts might not conform to the requirements of FMVSS 209 for seat belt assembly performance or to FMVSS 225 regarding child restraint anchor systems.

Ford is not aware of any accidents or injuries related to this issue.

Affected vehicles include certain 2016 Ford Mustang vehicles built at Flat Rock Assembly Plant, Sept. 26, 2015 through Oct. 1, 2015.

There are a total of 1,906 vehicles that might be affected in North America, including 1,900 in the United States and federalized territories, one in Canada and five in Mexico.

Dealers will replace front and rear seat belt assemblies, rear seat buckle assemblies and child tethers at no cost to the customer.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...ecalls-and-one-safety-compliance-recall-.html
Sponsored

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Don"t get to excited,S197 Mustang owners have been waiting since June to get there airbags fixed,and were still waiting.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I am happy when there is a recall. That means they know there is a problem and will fix it for free. Even out of warranty. Every time I had recall work done on a car I was happy about it. Like airbag parts replacement on my late Honda Pilot that was years out of warranty. Miss that car. Family workhouse. Fast, yes fast, and way better than the new CR-V that replaced it.

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Just look at my sticker it says 20151002 so I guess mine is safe.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I am happy when there is a recall. That means they know there is a problem and will fix it for free. Even out of warranty. Every time I had recall work done on a car I was happy about it. Like airbag parts replacement on my late Honda Pilot that was years out of warranty. Miss that car. Family workhouse. Fast, yes fast, and way better than the new CR-V that replaced it.
Not exactly Federal recall when NHTSA involved never expires or Manufacturer recall which they issue it have time limit. Recalls are not the same as TSB's or service campaigns

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Awww crap..

Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Atleast all my panels and rear window lineup correctly. :D
Sadly my 16 trunk is not lined up properly. There is another one at the dealer has exact same problem.