Sponsored

50th badge

KZStang

Really wish the s550 wouldn't get the 50th anniversary badge when it comes out but of course it will.

I've yet to see one that I liked. C'mon Ford let's keep it simple for 2015! That 50th Falcon badge was kinda awful IMO....

Sponsored

OP
OP

groundnpounder

That is awwwful. What's with that huge black rubber looking border?

Well the new model is supposed to get a modern forward looking design so it should hopefully have something cool and modern, not like that thing above.

OP
OP

JackHoya

Hideous.

I dug up some old badges... what do you guys think?

IMO the 45th badge design wasn't terrible if they didn't make it so damn big. Would prefer one the size of the 25th. Also, please Ford, not on the fender this time around!

OP
OP

KZStang

I'd prefer no badge at all.. the 5.0 badge already kind of bothers me. I think keeping it clean and simple is best, nothing to detract from the beauty of the body. But if I had to choose, the 20th anniv is more my style. Nice classic look.

OP
OP

Krishna

Speaking of badges, why did the GT logo get replaced by the 5.0 in the first place?

If we're going to get a badge, let's just have it say 50th... the word "anniversary" is too long and ends up looking tacky has hell.

Sponsored

Harrison

Threads
Reaction score
Yah I like the 45th one to

OP
OP

NRMStand

Honestly, I think the horse is getting a little played out. And makes the badge too big. Wouldn't mind one more like the vette's 50th. Who needs words?? Let the styling do the talking! :paddle:

OP
OP

Ted

Honestly, I think the horse is getting a little played out. And makes the badge too big. Wouldn't mind one more like the vette's 50th. Who needs words?? Let the styling do the talking! :paddle:

Gotta have the horse! Nothing else represents the Mustang better. What about a more modern update to the horse's look? That might look :cool: and fit with the car's new modern design.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Agree with the styling... I like the 45th on my SS 45th Anniv model... notice it incorporates the old school Camaro tri-color RWB shield/banner stripes in a subtle way. I hope Ford keeps their 50th anniv logo clean & simple as well, nothing too tacky nor overly done.

Sponsored
OP
OP

TradeStepan

Agree with the styling... I like the 45th on my SS 45th Anniv model... notice it incorporates the old school Camaro tri-color RWB shield/banner stripes in a subtle way. I hope Ford keeps their 50th anniv logo clean & simple as well, nothing too tacky nor overly done.

The Camaro shield/banner is exactly the same as the Mustang's?! :eek:

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Back to topic... Holman Moody has their own custom commemoration: http://www.hm50th.com/

I still like the OEM anniv variations though... can't wait to see Ford's. :popcorn:

OP
OP

hawkeye

Gotta have the horse! Nothing else represents the Mustang better. What about a more modern update to the horse's look? That might look :cool: and fit with the car's new modern design.
Already on the front grill. That's good enough i think.

That's really nice, especially like the way they work in the stripes. I'd be surprised if Ford does something this subtle for the 50th, judging by the old anniv badges.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Already on the front grill. That's good enough i think.

That's really nice, especially like the way they work in the stripes. I'd be surprised if Ford does something this subtle for the 50th, judging by the old anniv badges.
I agree. IMO too many horses would belong under the hood... :D

And yes it is, Chevy did a nice job. In fact, the Carbon Flash Metallic color was exclusive only for the 45ths. As for Ford's, I hope the interior also gets some nice 50th anniv theme touches and maybe a unique color reserved for the 50th edition. :cheers:
Sponsored