Sponsored

50th anniversary welcome kit

Classic1967s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 GT Alloy w/ Silver Racing Stripes
Just an FYI the "thru 3/18/15" is nonsense, they extend it every time.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Battling with UPS over possession of the "kit" currently. They brought it yesterday at 2:30...not home, duh. Left UPS a note asking them to return after 4:30 today (will leave the office 2 hours early to make that mark--how is that for security, leaving a note on your front door announcing your not home). I realize Ford doesn't want to replace "stolen" packages but NOT allowing me to sign the waiver and just allow a drop is crap. NOT the way to do business Ford....

Called UPS this am and asked if I could have it held and picked up and they said NO-claiming Ford is mandating "home" delivery to the address indicated with personal acceptance there. Had the same damn hassle in 2012 with the Boss package.

OP
OP
SVTFreak

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
Battling with UPS over possession of the "kit" currently. They brought it yesterday at 2:30...not home, duh. Left UPS a note asking them to return after 4:30 today (will leave the office 2 hours early to make that mark--how is that for security, leaving a note on your front door announcing your not home). I realize Ford doesn't want to replace "stolen" packages but NOT allowing me to sign the waiver and just allow a drop is crap. NOT the way to do business Ford....

Called UPS this am and asked if I could have it held and picked up and they said NO-claiming Ford is mandating "home" delivery to the address indicated with personal acceptance there. Had the same damn hassle in 2012 with the Boss package.

While I agree there should be options (like pickup at ups outlet), I also understand why. If one disappeared off a doorstep, someone would be screaming bloody murder that they should have made it signature only. This is one of those cant win cases where they chose to default to safer.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th anniversary #1369

You need to call UPS back and speak with someone else. I came home last night to the dreaded sticker on the door. UPS delivers in my area before I get home from work. I called the number for the local hub and they said the driver should be back at the hub at 7:30pm and I could pick it up then. When I left the house to drive the 20 miles to get it, I ended up following the truck back to the hub. Gold star to the UPS workers in Marion, Ohio!

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
All depends upon what happens tonight--got home way late last night (after 10 pm, too late to call thus this am after the truck was already packed and out)...I should be home before 4 pm...if they respect my note and return after 4:30-great and its done.

If there is another sticker today stating tomorrow is my "third" attempt then there will be the nasty call (like in 2012 when they sent out a supervisor in a brown minivan at 8 pm to deliver)...just wanting to avoid that posture until absolutely necessary as I deal in "conflict" 5 days a week at work, just don't need it in 'real' life.

I really appreciate Ford doing this....but this level of strict signature requirement is NOT customer friendly.

Signed up this am for UPS My Choice to use that route if necessary....

StoveTopNav

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona LE #1404 AT
Finally got a delivery notice today...but they left before my wife could answer the door. :(

Sponsored

JCMoya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Limited Edition
I received mine today (just 4 weeks)

Welcome Kit 1.jpg

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Long story short--UPS guy arrived well before I did. He left a note on my note--"4:30 tomorrow ok-if not call!" 4:30 tomorrow would be 'today' and that is NOT possible as I have a late deposition so I called...very nice woman from UPS came on the line after a computer thing (referral call back)--explalined everything. She said I'll call you back in 5 min-let me see what I can do. 5 min later phone goes off...UPS lady asking me if I can wait at home for about 45 min as the driver is finishing his route and they are rerouting his return to put him near me for a re-delivery. Bingo, 38 min later he arrived. Package in perfect shape.

QUESTION. My LE is WW and my battery charger is white. Are the KB cars getting blue chargers? Anyone get one in Red?

Poor UPS contact in the am...but wow--great service by two in the afternoon. Really shows how just an individual or two can create a whole lot of impact for a company.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
Long story short--UPS guy arrived well before I did. He left a note on my note--"4:30 tomorrow ok-if not call!" 4:30 tomorrow would be 'today' and that is NOT possible as I have a late deposition so I called...very nice woman from UPS came on the line after a computer thing (referral call back)--explalined everything. She said I'll call you back in 5 min-let me see what I can do. 5 min later phone goes off...UPS lady asking me if I can wait at home for about 45 min as the driver is finishing his route and they are rerouting his return to put him near me for a re-delivery. Bingo, 38 min later he arrived. Package in perfect shape.

QUESTION. My LE is WW and my battery charger is white. Are the KB cars getting blue chargers? Anyone get one in Red?

Poor UPS contact in the am...but wow--great service by two in the afternoon. Really shows how just an individual or two can create a whole lot of impact for a company.
My Charger is Blue

KB894

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT LE # 894 - Kona Blue - Auto
Mine too