Sponsored

5.0 2 to 3k rpm "clatter" everyone have it?

White_Bear_92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Base 10 speed
2019 GT. Have both tick and rattle. Touching 20K on the odo and not burning any oil. Runs like a scalded dog. I don't even think about them anymore.
Sponsored

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Nope, sounds like a high compression engine. I think many mistake the sound for metal to metal abrasions which is not the case. Optimum performance has this engine tuned to run nearly lean with variable spark advance bordering pre-ignition level. I wish all that don't understand, or simply believe putting additional lubricants to alleviate a non cause, obtain satisfaction from their theory and remedies. For me I will amuse myself while reading the continuing threads like this.

OP
OP
Brokestang

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
There are lots of people who have put ceratec in and the tick has gone away. This is not the tick. If what you say is true then it should not make any difference. After 30+ years working on my own engines & 26 years of working as a machinist on 4 to 6k hp diesel engines that have advanced dfi & inline compound turbos I believe knowledge of the sounds of an engine internally is well in my realm of knowledge. So I am glad to entertain you.

Last edited:

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
Glad to be part of the tick rattle n roll club! Ive read so much on this since getting the car, that i was nervous about owning it......then i remembered it has a warranty and beat the snot out of it...gets right past the rattle quick :)

OP
OP
Brokestang

Brokestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Glad to be part of the tick rattle n roll club! Ive read so much on this since getting the car, that i was nervous about owning it......then i remembered it has a warranty and beat the snot out of it...gets right past the rattle quick :)
I don't remember hearing this rattle over the summer only this winter have I noticed it. Every time I let it idle to operating temperature it doesn't make the rattle. Around here cold weather will be gone soon & hopefully the rattle will go with it!

Prymetime1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT/CS,
I don't remember hearing this rattle over the summer only this winter have I noticed it. Every time I let it idle to operating temperature it doesn't make the rattle. Around here cold weather will be gone soon & hopefully the rattle will go with it!
I agree with you on that point, i didn't notice it until the colder temps and putting more miles on it. Once it warms up its not as noticable..i dont let it bother me as everyone else has said, just drive it..
Sponsored