Sponsored

3rd Annual Shelby Memorial - May 7th, 2016 - Blackhawk Auto Museum, Danville, CA

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Hey guys... rain or shine, right? Looks like rain during the noon hour.

Question for those with experience on the clear bra. My installer said to keep it dry for the first 5 days, aka out of the rain, and Saturday will be day 5. You guys think I'm ok?

Also, confirming...
Meeting up before hand at:
Diablo Middle School (top lot with the solar panels).
4100 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA 94506

Should we say 8:30-8:45am??
Sponsored

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Meeting spot and time are perfect for me. I'm going rain or shine.

As for the clear bra, my installer told me to keep it out of the rain for a week and not wash for 2 weeks. I would double check with your installer about that one. Wouldn't want you to mess up your install because of a show. There will always be more but hopefully you make it out. I think light rain whole it's stationary should be fine but I'd avoid driving through the rain if I was in your situation.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I'm sure he had to get it pretty wet to get all those bugs off!

I'm wondering if there is a chance to postpone due to rain, I'm sure a lot of the originals Shelby's and GT cars wouldn't come out in the rain. Have to check the page later tonight.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I'm sure he had to get it pretty wet to get all those bugs off!

I'm wondering if there is a chance to postpone due to rain, I'm sure a lot of the originals Shelby's and GT cars wouldn't come out in the rain. Have to check the page later tonight.
I was going to bring the bugs with me. ;)

I actually called them to ask. They said a light rinse, soap and water would be okay. I also asked about the rain and they said I should be okay with that too. If any edges raise they will fix those at my 30 day follow-up appointment.

cneighbor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
For those of you attending or planning on meeting up, starting this past Monday Tassajara is closed just North of Dublin into Blackhawk for road construction. You can either go down Tassajara and go through Windermere, the back roads off of 580 (Highland Rd.) or Crow Canyon exit.

Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
For those of you attending or planning on meeting up, starting this past Monday Tassajara is closed just North of Dublin into Blackhawk for road construction. You can either go down Tassajara and go through Windermere, the back roads off of 580 (Highland Rd.) or Crow Canyon exit.
Great info!! Thanks!
I usually take Crow Canyon

OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
I found that out the hard way this past week trying to avoid 580 traffic on my way home. Pleasanton to Livermore took an hour and a half on 580...

I'm coming through Highland. See you guys tomorrow!

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
I was going to bring the bugs with me. ;)

I actually called them to ask. They said a light rinse, soap and water would be okay. I also asked about the rain and they said I should be okay with that too. If any edges raise they will fix those at my 30 day follow-up appointment.
That's quality service right there.

Sponsored
OP
OP
raiderjatt02

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
Good turnout guys. It was nice meeting you all out there to put a face to the usernames.

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Wow was this a Shelby only cruise?
It was a Carroll Shelby Memorial kinda thing. Very cool event! We did have some other Forum Friends caravan up with us in their Mustangs as well.

There where 2 other GT350s not pictured here as well as another 2 reportedly showing up, but I didn't see those 2.