3m scotchgard vehicle protection ?

vic18sep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I would like to know if anyone has had the 3m scotchgard vehicle protection package applied to the frontend of their car? If so, please give me your evaluation of it? Does it work? Does it protect against chips and bug splatters?
Sponsored

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I've had this on a lot of cars and I'm going to get it on the Mustang. I had also noticed that nobody here has talked about it since I got here. I had it on a few cars that took direct debris hits on the front bumper (like my old Acura TLX) and it really saved the bumper.

The Mustang may be hard to protect with its very odd front end. The hood is kind of flat and it has a lot of "exposed" edges that will chip with a rock that may not be able to protect.

wdninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium w/ PP
It's worth every penny. I have the full hood, fenders, bumper, headlights, side mirrors, and a-pillars covered in 8mm Llumar clear film.

I've seen some decent rocks bounce off and upon inspection, it's just fine. On a recent highway trip, a truck tire blew off a truck in front of me and pieces slammed into my Stang, including the steel belts. I pulled over and it looked pretty bad, but after hitting it with some Isopropyl alcohol and some cleaner wax, it looks fine, but the film is scuffed. Luckily you can lightly buff it and use a heat gun to get it back to looking new. That hit would have been messy on the paint. Good stuff.
Sponsored