Sponsored

30K miles??

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
Anyone here with over 30K miles have any issue's, brought my 16 to the dealership yesterday for oil change & general checkup, they pulled the history on the car showed @ 8K miles had the oil cooling line replaced, 16K miles issue with burning oil @ 1 qt. per 1000 miles resolved with EEC self test performed, compression test with readings between 251-261psi also removed PCV valve for inspection they replaced the PCV as per if removed due to locking tabs, performed hot SOAK on engine removed all spark plugs inspected cylinder walls for scorring/presence of oil all passed within specification? , at 36K an acceleration issue that was suposedley resolved with a new output shaft nut?? I did lay into the car before taking it to the dealer to see just how powerful it is running, I placed it in "sportmode" released the traction mode & realy smoked the tires 1st.-3rd. had smoke coming throught the a/c vents never had a car do that before, didnt really smell like burnt rubber though smelled like something burning, shut it down ran the car normal turned the a/c on all seemed fine, dont hear any weird noise from the engine sounds normal, kinda bothering me though. No oil leaks of any kind, but the radiater hose this p.m. just having the car at idle for about 10 minutes seems very warm to touch its about 69 degrees outside. Praying this engine is not about to let go. Look forward to all your advice. Also when I had it in "track mode" the car would not spin tires in 1st. gear is that normal kinda a launch type mode thing only in "sport mode" with traction control off would it smoke the tires.
Sponsored

nimblepony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
As per S7N; I'd suspect you were on the clutch at least some and you were burning it up. If that is not the case, my apologies, no disrespect meant. If not the clutch, then you may then have some other issue a mechanic needs to diagnose.

OP
OP

kammrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 crown vic
you guys are right, more than likely I was on the clutch to long & not paying attention.
Sponsored