WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
Hi to all to those with Superchargers fitted or not.
I have a FR/Roush stage 2 supercharger fitted 720bhp. I have Kooks headers fitted as well and understand I would require 3" pipe diameter to help with gases going out. I have Ford Racing by Borla pipes and resonator and a gt350 valance with quad axle backs. Any suggestions/advice on transforming the system to 3" and keep the ford racing quad valance. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
cut it up and replace all the pipes with 3 inch?

OP
OP

WOLFMAN

wolfman
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stewart
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang fast back 5.0 V8
It's not only the pipes but the rear boxes need 3" in and out as well as the resonator box. So many systems do 3" but try fitting them to FR/Borla system then the fun begins. Will call it when finished a 3" FRANKENSTEIN system.:lol:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
It's not only the pipes but the rear boxes need 3" in and out as well as the resonator box. So many systems do 3" but try fitting them to FR/Borla system then the fun begins. Will call it when finished a 3" FRANKENSTEIN system.:lol:
I wouldn’t bother... the gains will be very small:)

Cobra699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Magnaflow do a 3 inch exhaust system !!

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not convinced that the boxes need to be as big. As the gasses pass down the exhaust they cool and become denser therefore requiring less volume per unit of length in the pipe. Having big headers and mid pipe is all good but by the time it gets to the rear axel i bet dripping to 2.5 inches will have zero effect on power.
Sponsored