Sponsored

3.55s or 3.73s

Heracles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding...
Hi all. Ex Fox GT and 95 cobra owner. Now 40 and drooling over the s550! Congrats to all you new owners

I was wondering what your opinions were on the two gear ratios.. I wouldn't do pp Because I like how the GT looks better with rear spoiler and gt500 style wheels.
Thanks for your feedback!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Heracles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deciding...
No special use, One of them must feel better.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
3:73 are great IMO for a Naturally Aspirated car - you really fly into the power band of the motor quickly, some don't like how short first and second are, and the 3:73 will affect your top end. For the track they are the go to gear, for the street they are a great choice b/c most street races occur from a dead stop or a roll - they will put the power to use instantly

3:55 are better for boosted application IMO. Since you have so much power I prefer to ease into the power band of the engine plus they give you more top end.

blue

blue
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Mustang GT Performance Pack
3:73 are great IMO for a Naturally Aspirated car - you really fly into the power band of the motor quickly, some don't like how short first and second are, and the 3:73 will affect your top end. For the track they are the go to gear, for the street they are a great choice b/c most street races occur from a dead stop or a roll - they will put the power to use instantly

3:55 are better for boosted application IMO. Since you have so much power I prefer to ease into the power band of the engine plus they give you more top end.
Spot on!

Sponsored

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have the auto transmission and 3:55 gears. They feel great! Car is very peppy and quick. I'd say they feel perfect for the auto. I have had 3:73 gears in past mustangs and don't feel the need to change gears in this one.

xsboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15gt
I got the 331's . low gears might be good for road racing but my plans are 1/4 mile. Low gears are not always faster. Look up Subaru wrx vs sti 0_60, sti low gears and more hp but gets spanked by the high gear low hp car.

Canktm25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
15' Ruby Red GT Premium PP leather Recaros
I love the 3:73 gears I live in Vermont and the roads here are fantastic for driving after they are repaired from winter that is. I only drive on the Hi-way for 2 miles anyway the off camber twisty roads here are perfect for the IRS also.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I went for a ride in my buddies 13' mustang and he had 3.15's with a ford racing blower and it was insane!!!!! The car runs 9.9's a little over 140 and I was blown away by the pull with the 3.15's. I'm planning on a similar build with a blower after riding in his car and I know my pp car with 3.73's will probably not work.

For NA I think the 3.73's will be good. I guess it depends on what your plans for the car will be.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
If your 2015 Mustang is a Base V6 with A/T and going to be used simply as a "daily driver", I`d go with the standard 3:15 axle. Better MPG and a quieter ride at highway speeds achieved by a lower RPM at 70 MPH. Cheers

Sponsored

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
You don't get a choice.
The 3.73 torsen dif only comes with the PP.

Aftermarket you can do what you want, obviously, but if you don't know the benefits/drawbacks on a gear swap you might want to stay away.

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
I have a PP and wish they had given me a choice I would NOT have chosen the 3.73 it is just silly low. The engine makes plenty of power to pull the 3.15 and I'll be SCing it this winter. I might just end up changing transmissions to a T56 Magnum that way I have higher gearing a much higher 6th and I probably need to change the clutch anyways so why not do it all at once.
Sponsored