Sponsored

3.31 vs 3.55 vs. 3.73

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Say what? Are you cruising around in only gears 1 thru 3? :confused:
Well I'm always tempted to hit the gas lol. I also live in ny so mostly stop and go driving.
Sponsored

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Accelerating slowly and shifting at 3K RPM, I got 14.0 MPG computer and 13.0 MPG based on mileage / gallons with 3.73 manual. On my second tank I hit 28.6 or so MPG computer at 65 MPH six mile highway stretch, so maybe 25-27 MPG real world with an engine that isn't broken in.

OP
OP
DanielIvan

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
I must be crazy. I am running 3.73 with 1100WHP
Hahaha no no no if I'm thinking right, based on what I've taken away from everyone's comments - you should be okay on 3.73 (if you're on stock gearing). Other people with similar numbers have said they've gone with 4.10 gears but that's obviously after market gearing on the S550.

But I'm not an expert and I depend on a lot of you in the community to do my learning from.

OP
OP
DanielIvan

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm always tempted to hit the gas lol. I also live in ny so mostly stop and go driving.
Oh man, I can't imagine what that must be like. Do you ever go out of the city to get your girl to prance a little? Traffic isn't so good here in LA either but I've never been to NY so I don't know how to compare it. I consider myself lucky though because we have canyons 20 minutes north, a coast line 20 minutes west and the city 10 minutes east.

Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
Happy with my 3.31's. Drove the PP car with the 3.73's and liked it as well. Drove a 3.55 car but it was an auto so that becomes an apples to oranges type comparison due to the difference in transmission gearing.

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
Auto & 3.55 gears

/end thread
^^^^THIS^^^^
I drove five hours to get a Premium with auto 3:55 package. I have had it three months or so and put a Lund Tune/JLT CAI and Corsa cat backs. No regrets and never look back. For sure get some cat backs on that car to give it some personality.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
So it sounds like you've decided on a manual[?]

The 3:73s are a blast. In fact, if you're getting a manual, I'd highly recommend the relatively low cost GT PP option - you'll get the gears with a Torsen rear, upgraded suspension/wheels/tires, nice 15" Brembos, additional bracing, bigger radiator, difference electronic tuning, etc.

I believe in another thread you were debating about the PP vs. not, saying you might do some of the same upgrades yourself over time. Well, in the interim, you get the improvements OOTB, and even if you swap something like springs, or maybe wheels at some point, the remaining parts are _still_ worth the price of the PP.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DanielIvan

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So it sounds like you've decided on a manual[?]

The 3:73s are a blast. In fact, if you're getting a manual, I'd highly recommend the relatively low cost GT PP option - you'll get the gears with a Torsen rear, upgraded suspension/wheels/tires, nice 15" Brembos, additional bracing, bigger radiator, difference electronic tuning, etc.

I believe in another thread you were debating about the PP vs. not, saying you might do some of the same upgrades yourself over time. Well, in the interim, you get the improvements OOTB, and even if you swap something like springs, or maybe wheels at some point, the remaining parts are _still_ worth the price of the PP.
Wow! You remember me from that? I'm impressed! I indeed have decided on a manual. I just really want to be one with my girl.

I'm building her through Ford's site. So it's basically the "perfect" OOTB build. But I know I'm really going to be limited by my dealership's actual stock. I've been keeping track of their stock online and see that they barely have any GTs let alone equipped with the PP. But I won't actually know what's in stock until I physically go. The only reason I would get a PP would be for the added driving modes and track apps. But above all - Line Lock, just in case I ever get curious lol (and correct me if I'm wrong but Line Lock also comes on base version no?).

What are your thoughts on the California Special Package? I really like the accents accents that come with it.

Five0GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium
Wow! You remember me from that? I'm impressed! I indeed have decided on a manual. I just really want to be one with my girl.

I'm building her through Ford's site. So it's basically the "perfect" OOTB build. But I know I'm really going to be limited by my dealership's actual stock. I've been keeping track of their stock online and see that they barely have any GTs let alone equipped with the PP. But I won't actually know what's in stock until I physically go. The only reason I would get a PP would be for the added driving modes and track apps. But above all - Line Lock, just in case I ever get curious lol (and correct me if I'm wrong but Line Lock also comes on base version no?).

What are your thoughts on the California Special Package? I really like the accents accents that come with it.
The driving modes and line lock come with the premium. You don't need the pp to get that. If you're patient order the car from factory and wait a couple months. That's what I did. You can order exactly what you want. My only advice would be don't be cheap when doing that. Get exactly what you want. I should of got the 3.55 gears for $400 but didn't. Now I'd have to pay about $1000 to swap my gears out.

OP
OP
DanielIvan

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The driving modes and line lock come with the premium. You don't need the pp to get that. If you're patient order the car from factory and wait a couple months. That's what I did. You can order exactly what you want. My only advice would be don't be cheap when doing that. Get exactly what you want. I should of got the 3.55 gears for $400 but didn't. Now I'd have to pay about $1000 to swap my gears out.
It's not so much about the money, it's about me being happy with my decision. If I have to order one then so be it but I rather do that through the dealership than through the actual factory itself. It'd be quicker that way I think. I just don't want to wait too long.

I'm so excited though! Arghh I can't wait >.<

RiseUpBears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Go to your dealer and tell them exactly what you want. Odds are they will be able to find what you are looking for at another dealer and have the car brought in.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
With 3.73s you can take off in second, skip to fourth gear and clock 75mph in a little over 5 seconds.
Sponsored