Sponsored

22 S550 Tracking Thread

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
What day did you receive the “it’s built” email? Curious because I got mine on April 1st and wondering how long before I get the “it’s shipped” email.

Part of the reason I’m asking is I’m seriously thinking about selling my 2017 Mustang via Carvana. They are offering me about $1,000 over KBB trade value. The two times I considered trading mine in at a dealer my trade offers were way under KBB…so I’m thinking maybe I should take the Carvana cash to remove the uncertainty with trading. The advantage of trading could save me about $1,200 in taxes, but it does no good if the trade offer is $3,000 - $4,000 less than Carvana.
also check out driveway.com

They offered me $3k more than carvana or vroom for my old V6. They barely even looked at the car when they came to pick it up and just handed me a check and drove off. They’ll actually pay you what they offer from the online submission. It was the easiest process ever.

Dealerships are way behind in this area. They always offered me laughable trade in values when we all know they’re gonna flip it for 30%-45% more then what they gave you for it.
Sponsored

Hook88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible - Atlas Blue
also check out driveway.com

They offered me $3k more than carvana or vroom for my old V6. They barely even looked at the car when they came to pick it up and just handed me a check and drove off. They’ll actually pay you what they offer from the online submission. It was the easiest process ever.

Dealerships are way behind in this area. They always offered me laughable trade in values when we all know they’re gonna flip it for 30%-45% more then what they gave you for it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I checked them out and the offer was good but CarMax came through with the winning bid. I went ahead and sold the car today…ironically for the exact amount I paid for the car four years ago. Mind blowing!

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
So I thought I’d ask here instead of making a new thread but here is my issue: I placed my order at the dealer this past Saturday April 2nd. We built it on their computer, they took my email all my info, I signed a paper saying all the options were correct, then I paid a $500 deposit.

They said since it’s the weekend the order wouldn’t be put in until Monday, which is now today. Well I just found out about the $1k offer for new orders placed by April 4th. I haven’t got a confirmation email or anything about my order. I called the dealer and got transferred to the salesman I spoke with and he had no idea about the offer and no idea if my order was actually placed. He said it should’ve been put in today though.

I am worried they won’t honor the offer since it sounds like my order has not been placed yet and the salesman is claiming he didn’t know about it.

They should have documentation that they entered all my info in on April 2nd though correct? I saved a pdf of the ford offer and screenshotted my phone call to the dealer. Not sure what else I can or should do.

fcuboi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium
So I thought I’d ask here instead of making a new thread but here is my issue: I placed my order at the dealer this past Saturday April 2nd. We built it on their computer, they took my email all my info, I signed a paper saying all the options were correct, then I paid a $500 deposit.

They said since it’s the weekend the order wouldn’t be put in until Monday, which is now today. Well I just found out about the $1k offer for new orders placed by April 4th. I haven’t got a confirmation email or anything about my order. I called the dealer and got transferred to the salesman I spoke with and he had no idea about the offer and no idea if my order was actually placed. He said it should’ve been put in today though.

I am worried they won’t honor the offer since it sounds like my order has not been placed yet and the salesman is claiming he didn’t know about it.

They should have documentation that they entered all my info in on April 2nd though correct? I saved a pdf of the ford offer and screenshotted my phone call to the dealer. Not sure what else I can or should do.
I've read on here that the offer was extended to June or July anyway. Actually I just checked and it was indeed extended: https://www.ford.com/custom-order/

1649129147628.png

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Between this thread and the "flat rock down" thread, I decided not to wait any further on my February order and bought one out of dealer stock. Thread here.

Sponsored

Grabby McBluestang 2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
1998.5 Ram 2500, 2021 Ram Rebel
There must be something up with the Mach 1 orders, I have not seen many of those get in production or even a build date... makes me want to cancel the order and go for the GT500....

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
There must be something up with the Mach 1 orders, I have not seen many of those get in production or even a build date... makes me want to cancel the order and go for the GT500....
Yeah, for real. I'm tempted to give up on the V8 dream and just spring for a Supra since there's actually some near or under MSRP near me that I could try to get...

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

I just checked using the above chat link and I've got a production Date!!!!
May 2!!
**Quoting this to bring it to the front of the thread.

I just used this chat to confirm my order from 4/1 was successfully received even though Ido not have an "Order Confirmed" email from Ford. Seems like a system glitch I need to figure out once I'm back stateside. But if you're in the same boat I was (order submitted without an order confirmed email), give them a shot. Took about 10 minutes.

pwnednooblol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT
Just got another email from Ford that my order has been delayed again. It was originally scheduled for week of May 2nd, then May 9th, and now May 16th.

I’m pissed
Sponsored