Sponsored

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
With respect to price protection, I have found much of the same: confusion and inconsistency, from Ford on down.

I ordered a Mach 1 at 220 level. The window sticker is marked and priced at 235 level and includes all the price increases which have been announced.

Price protection is afforded to special orders, orders placed by individuals and later sold to that same individual. The window sticker should be marked as "Special Order" and be green. IMO, price protection does not apply to dealer orders, those placed under the name of the dealer and not a customer.

Some dealers are working price protection directly with Ford. Other dealers will ask/require the buyer pay the new price, with the dealer then submitting for price protection. Once the refund is received, they pass it along to the buyer. Still other dealers appear to not be supporting price protection at all, especially if the initial deal was based on a price under invoice (never going to happen for a GT500, I know). Finally, I'm afraid there are a handful of dealers which don't tell their customers about price protection, or, are not aware of the program.

IMO, price protection is something to be worked out between the dealer and Ford. However, some dealers don't want to be short potentially thousands of dollars while the paperwork is going through; they expect the customer to live with it until the check arrives form Ford, about 45 days after the sale.
FWIW, I confirmed with the dealer I'm working with I will receive price protection, $2594.36 worth; this will cover all increases since ordering, except the very latest uptick in delivery charges. Pricing for my order was not under-invoice. I ordered through a dealer here in CO.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phils15GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
FWIW, I confirmed with the dealer I'm working with I will receive price protection, $2594.36 worth; this will cover all increases since ordering, except the very latest uptick in delivery charges. Pricing for my order was not under-invoice. I ordered through a dealer here in CO.
Awesome. Glad they are working with you and providing price protection. That is a significant amount of money.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Awesome. Glad they are working with you and providing price protection. That is a significant amount of money.
Ya, IDK. Almost every conversation I have with the dealer its like they are doing me a favor.

One step at a time... I'm not going to believe I've pulled this off until I can see the car in my garage.

Scorched

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Mustang-less for the moment
Picked up my Mustang from Chapman yesterday. Process was super smooth. But, can confirm they did not honor price protection. Order date was Feb 9. Took a great experience down to a good experience knowing that I paid 2k more of no fault of mine, but wasn't enough to stop me from buying it.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Picked up my Mustang from Chapman yesterday. Process was super smooth. But, can confirm they did not honor price protection. Order date was Feb 9. Took a great experience down to a good experience knowing that I paid 2k more of no fault of mine, but wasn't enough to stop me from buying it.
Congrats. Shipping back? Driving back?

Scorched

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
Mustang-less for the moment
Congrats. Shipping back? Driving back?
I live about 2 hours away from Chapman, picked up and drive it home. That damn super light clutch is going to take some time. My last mustang was an 03 cobra, super heavy clutch. S550 is so much more refined than the new edges. Incredible really
Sponsored