Sponsored

2020 Owners - Interior Rattle

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thank you for the info, but if you happen to run into the video you mentioned, please post a link. I found a couple, but they didn't fix the issue. One of them basically dismantled the rear of the car, filled it with foam, and noise was still there. No sense of chasing a ghost, unless I know where to find it. Ha ha. It could be the lack of tack welds between 2 panels, which is hard to pinpoint. Take care.
Sponsored

shobotan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RSPEC Mustang
Just putting this out there for anyone who gets desperate in trying to locate a rattle like I did and not one for turning up the volume on the stereo.
After 18 months of having the rear trim of the car removed and 2 body shops trying to locate a rattle around the C pillar in my car (not a Mustang).
I capitulated and purchased a set of "chassis ears". First time out using these I found the rattle.
The kits around aren't the best quality but not very expensive, and I'd recommend the wired versions as opposed to the wireless.
It partly comes down to the skill or creativity of the user in getting these to work but if the noise is audible these will pick it up and allow one to pinpoint the location to rectify it, and hence sanity restored.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for the info, but if you happen to run into the video you mentioned, please post a link. I found a couple, but they didn't fix the issue. One of them basically dismantled the rear of the car, filled it with foam, and noise was still there. No sense of chasing a ghost, unless I know where to find it. Ha ha. It could be the lack of tack welds between 2 panels, which is hard to pinpoint. Take care.

This is the one I was referring to.

OP
OP
geep81

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

This is the one I was referring to.
I actually did a similar thing in my front pillars while I had them apart, but I actually put strips of felt tape up and down the insides of the whole thing to cover all the touch points I could think of!

I did it about a month and a half ago and can honestly say felt tape has greatly improved my creaks and rattles.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
I bought 5 rolls of felt tape. I do wiring on the side sometimes and every panel I have to remove from this car gets felt taped before it goes back on. It surely shut my dashboard up. Used to creak and rattle like crazy.
Sponsored