2020 Mustang gt RTD+ Issue

Jordn5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt Boosted MT82
Been having a lot of issue for the past month with RTD, recently just got my motor rebuilt and im trying to write a tune, data log as well as check for codes and nothing is working. While using app i keep getting " Failed to detect the vehicle's Diagnostics Protocol" when logging and as well as when trying to write tune file " Controller Unlocker: Timed Out"..... I tried on my brother's stock 17 gt and works perfectly fine. Could this be a PCM issue ? Also the other day RTD has RED light istead of green...Everything is updated in app, and battery was hooked up to charger the whole time. Any Info is helpful- HP told me vehicle issue
Sponsored

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Did it work fine on your vehicle before having the engine done? If so, I’d look for vehicle issues like damaged wiring, disconnected connectors, or bad/disconnected grounds.

Also, do you have anything else connected to the CAN bus on your car like an OBD-2 gauge or something similar? If so, disconnect that and try again.

OP
OP
Jordn5.0

Jordn5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt Boosted MT82
it was working on and off before the car blew up, hptuners told me it was a car issue and not tune issue...But today i was trying to load tune file onto rtd using vcm suit and said unlicensed vehicle..... i have already replaced 2 OBD ports in the past....and nothing hooked up to the CAN BUS....
Sponsored