Sponsored

2019 Mustang GT Custom Exhaust with Borla ATAK - Possible?

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey Guys,

New member posting, long-time lurker. I just picked up a 2019 Mustang GT Convertible and really have my heart set on the Borla ATAK setup after hearing many setups. I'd like to run the ATAK mufflers/catback and have them run through a Steeda Hpipe (or similar) and remove the Xpipe that comes with the kit. Has anyone done this or know if it is possible without extensive modification? I am thinking of trying to contact a muffler shop to see if they can do it, but I am having a hard time just finding the Borla ATAK mufflers.

Thanks!
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Should check out AWE Touring. Catback comes with H pipe if looking for the H tone.

OP
OP
rancid

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Should check out AWE Touring. Catback comes with H pipe if looking for the H tone.
I saw that a lot of people were recommending the AWE setup so I will see if it can fit, last I checked it was for coupes. Thx for the advice.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Yea I did the ATAK with the h pipe. Amazing amazing sound (I know I typed that twice).

But I believe for the 18+ cars the ATAK is only offered in 3" piping (double check) so youll need to get a h pipe fabbed up. I was entertaining the idea of going quad exhaust for my 17 and ran into this issue.

OP
OP
rancid

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Yea I did the ATAK with the h pipe. Amazing amazing sound (I know I typed that twice).

But I believe for the 18+ cars the ATAK is only offered in 3" piping (double check) so youll need to get a h pipe fabbed up. I was entertaining the idea of going quad exhaust for my 17 and ran into this issue.
Thanks man, I was just about to PM you. Is your car a vert or coupe? Did you buy the atak catback and fab in the hpipe or did you buy the mufflers separate? I just got the car tonight and still learning, but would I need:

ATAK catback to 3" hpipe to stock manifolds/cats or is there something in between? Was thinking a potential easier option of the AWE fits a convertible could just buy it and cut the mufflers out if I can source the ataks sep.

My last car was a gt500 and I left the exhaust stock and car before it was a 2000GT so much simpler times. :)

Sponsored

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Thanks man, I was just about to PM you. Is your car a vert or coupe? Did you buy the atak catback and fab in the hpipe or did you buy the mufflers separate? I just got the car tonight and still learning, but would I need:

ATAK catback to steeda hpipe to stock manifolds/cats or is there something in between?

My last car was a gt500 and I left the exhaust stock and car before it was a 2000GT so much simpler times. :)
I didn't end up going that route. I switched to AWE and headers. But for 15-17 cars borla made 2.5 and 3 in options. They didn't do that for 18+. Double check on their site to confirm. If you Really want an h pipe get an exhaust shop to make you an H pipe and then they will cut your stock exhaust and take what they need from that to connect to h pipe and axle backs. You can choose welding or clamps. But to avoid all this I think you should check out AWE especially if you have active exhaust

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I have a coupe by the way

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Also if you plan on getting headers I would stay away from the ATAKs. AWE or Borla S Type

OP
OP
rancid

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
Also if you plan on getting headers I would stay away from the ATAKs. AWE or Borla S Type
Headers won't be immediate, but I heard they are unbearable with longtubes so I might save the headache and go with AWE and see if an exhaust shop can retro it to a convertible. I emailed the manufacture to see what they think.

I saw mbrp makes an h midpipe, might see if I can source an atak axleback and go the route you said. Ty again!

OP
OP
rancid

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
You would have to cut and weld, but it could work.
Exactly right. Both AWE and Borla responded neither system will fit. The borla stinger will fit apparently so I'll call a local custom exhaust shop to see what the best route for that plus an hpipe.
Sponsored