Sponsored

2018 Mustang GT UPR Catch Can Install Question

BackinaGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Vert
Does anyone have a picture of their installed UPR Catch Can (Model 5028-226) installed on their 2018? I ordered this from LMR last weekend and installed it yesterday. To me it seems the passenger side hose is too long. The only way I could run the hose and get it to fit was by running it to the left of and around the oil fill port. This wasn't an easy fit and it seems like the hose is placing stress on the orange plug. The total length of hose on the Can, as compared to the stock hose, is much longer.

I just saw on UPR's web page for this item two different photos: one showing the Can installed the same way I described above (hose routed around the oil fill port) and two with the hose traveling straight from the Can to the orange plug. The hose I have will definitely NOT allow a straight line install.

Also, has anyone noticed after installing that the Can hits or rattles against the engine block? After installing it doesn't take a lot of movement for the Can to touch the aluminum block. I haven't driven the car yet so I don't know if this will or could actually happen.
Sponsored