Sponsored

2018-2019 GT PP2 possible discount

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Mustang Bullitt K-3298
I'm new to ordering FORD. If I wait this summer to order, do you think I can get 49K OTD price with this order? (10% of total order) Or is this a way of a stretch? Is there any specific month I should place my order to get the maximum possible discount? Thanks in advance!!

GT Prem- $39,095
PP2 $6,500
Active Exhaust-$895
401a- $2,200
Leather Recaro- $1,595
D&D- $900
Total- $51,185
Discount (5,120)
Net Total $46,065
Tax- 8.25%- $3,800
Total OTD- $49,865
Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Really doubt it, 2018 is a short model year, so when you place an order in summer it'll be when 2019 just starts, so discounts this high won't be possible. Also PP2 is very limited, so my bet is x-plan would be your best choice.

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Agreed. Use the $50 Mustang Club of America subscription to get X-Plan, and place your order that way. My 2016 GT/PP 401A with Nav and Security Package was over $42k MSRP, and with X-Plan, the $1000 in rebates they were offering, and the fact that South Carolina caps sales tax at $300 (now $500), I was able to walk out for a little over $38k. This was in October of 2015, so there was a full model year of product available before I ordered (August, 2015).

JR

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Hahahah... no. I just don't get it... $50K for a Mustang now. I just cannot get my head around this regardless if it has magnaride (a technology that is not all that expensive for the manufacturer) and Recaros (again... it's just a slightly more expensive to procure seat, it's less expensive to actually install in the car and the associated wiring harness has less copper, so it is likely cheaper, too). Not even willing to pay $49K OTD for that setup... nope. I'd pay, at most, $42K OTD. I got my Mustang with a (what would now be called) PP1, no Recaro, and every option except the useless auto-cruise control/rain sensing wipers thing for $34,500 + tax/fees for shy of $38K OTD and I still think I paid too much. So add $4K to that price to pay for your Recaro seats (good choice) and the price difference for the PP2... $42K OTD. Okay, maybe up to $44K if they gave me a mad good trade.

it's a Mustang, not a friggin BMW. This drives me up a wall... wait. Hopefully Ford gets sane with the pricing on these things and then walk in to make your deal happen.

Reactions: 113

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hahahah... no. I just don't get it... $50K for a Mustang now. I just cannot get my head around this regardless if it has magnaride (a technology that is not all that expensive for the manufacturer) and Recaros (again... it's just a slightly more expensive to procure seat, it's less expensive to actually install in the car and the associated wiring harness has less copper, so it is likely cheaper, too). Not even willing to pay $49K OTD for that setup... nope. I'd pay, at most, $42K OTD. I got my Mustang with a (what would now be called) PP1, no Recaro, and every option except the useless auto-cruise control/rain sensing wipers thing for $34,500 + tax/fees for shy of $38K OTD and I still think I paid too much. So add $4K to that price to pay for your Recaro seats (good choice) and the price difference for the PP2... $42K OTD. Okay, maybe up to $44K if they gave me a mad good trade.

it's a Mustang, not a friggin BMW. This drives me up a wall... wait. Hopefully Ford gets sane with the pricing on these things and then walk in to make your deal happen.
The cost of every vehicle is through the roof, and it's not going to come back down unless people stop buying, the auto market and the economy crashes, the government stops mandating stricter and stricter fuel economy and safety rules, or people stop requiring that every car have every bit of technology and kit in them.

Face it, there will be a $60k Mustang (non-special edition) that comes out when the S650 debuts. I can almost guarantee that a GT Premium Convertible with a few options will hit $60k.

JR

Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
2019 to 2020... we will have an economic recession of some kind. Don’t believe this is economy as-is is stable. So much price increase in the past 8-9 years of things real people buy (food, cars, healthcare, etc.) and I can’t help but feel a needle is on its way toward a bubble. Everything is really propped up by low interest rates. Those have to go back up at some point.

OP
OP
Bedista

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really doubt it, 2018 is a short model year, so when you place an order in summer it'll be when 2019 just starts, so discounts this high won't be possible. Also PP2 is very limited, so my bet is x-plan would be your best choice.
Thank you why is PP2limited? you are thinking it might not be offerd in 2019?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't seen anything that makes me think it's limited by Ford, it's just going to be limited by dealers, since it's a very track focused package. I doubt the take rate by walk-in buyers will be very high. PP1 will be a much more common option, not just due to the price, but due to the ride comfort factor.

JR

OP
OP
Bedista

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I'm just saying 2018 is a short model year, and the PP2 will not start till pretty late, and I remember someone mentioned that it will not even be available on the build website, so the production is limited.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bedista

Bedista

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm just saying 2018 is a short model year, and the PP2 will not start till pretty late, and I remember someone mentioned that it will not even be available on the build website, so the production is limited.
How much do you think is the OTD price for x-plan on my specs
above? maybe 2K more than what I have above?

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
How much do you think is the OTD price for x-plan on my specs
above? maybe 2K more than what I have above?
OTD is a worthless guess....no one knows your sales tax rate, your DMV fees, your local dealer fees (here in Calif limited to $80 by statute), your trade in (some states reduce taxes by the trade in amount but many do not and in some states sales tax varies from county to county making OTD comparison a true joke).

Focus on the price of the car -- how much off the MSRP sheet stuck on the window (and yes that includes destination and delivery charge which is part of the MSRP sheet total). The other stuff: taxes and DMV fees are going to be set in your state and non-negotiable).

With the right dealer you can get better then XPlan pricing but the dealer has got to really want that sale to go that low and with a new model and new package (PP2) that one is gonna be a reach.

A $46k msrp will have an XPlan price of about $43K (maybe a bit lower)--best to ignore net advice and just go to a dealer and ask what XPlan pricing would be--also note a dealer does not have to sell at XPlan if they do not want do.
Sponsored