Sponsored

2017's out and still no dash kit

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
Surprised that Metra and Scrosche haven't made a dash kit yet so we can replace the head units in the 2015's. Want to upgrade my stock system and get something with car play but still waiting on a kit for these cars. Think they have a market with how many have sold already.
Sponsored

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
There's a large metal bar that runs horizontally right behind the factory screen that won't allow a full size head unit to fit.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
There's a large metal bar that runs horizontally right behind the factory screen that won't allow a full size head unit to fit.
there is nothing physically preventing the installation of an aftermarket unit other than the sync module and sync bracket, which is plastic and easily removed.

The metal bar is down low enough to allow easy installation of a double din unit.

I installed an android double din unit using a bezel from a premium. The real obstacle is that the circuit board for the base system leaves no room so you either have to replace it or use one from a premium which already has space for the big screen.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17935&page=58

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I stand corrected, thanks for the info.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Surprised that Metra and Scrosche haven't made a dash kit yet so we can replace the head units in the 2015's. Want to upgrade my stock system and get something with car play but still waiting on a kit for these cars. Think they have a market with how many have sold already.
I'm surprised as well. I spoke to Crutchfield today. So far they have no info on when anything would be available.

OP
OP
thxultra

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
there is nothing physically preventing the installation of an aftermarket unit other than the sync module and sync bracket, which is plastic and easily removed.

The metal bar is down low enough to allow easy installation of a double din unit.

I installed an android double din unit using a bezel from a premium. The real obstacle is that the circuit board for the base system leaves no room so you either have to replace it or use one from a premium which already has space for the big screen.

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17935&page=58
Wow nice install job :) Ya I can't see any reason there isn't a kit out yet. Mustangs are popular and I would imagine the demand is there to upgrade the stock headunit. Really want to get something nice with car play on it.
Sponsored