Sponsored

2017 Mustang Gt 350 Bad Valve Spring now Damaged in shipment by Ford update with Pics

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Understandably unnerving and frustrating for any owner, especially one who travels so far to get the car and barely gets it warmed up before it breaks. However, actually seems minor in the grand scheme--yeah, easy to say when it's not mine.

The irritating aspects of the car notwithstanding (and there are some), it's obvious that the builders who sign their names to the engines take great pride in what they do and, by and large, the parts (like valve springs) are reliable.

Hopefully, it's an isolated one off incident. Good luck. Hope you are provided with a satisfying outcome.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
As much as you post negatively about these cars now, why don't you just sell your car? If I was as upset about it as you clearly are I would just sell the car and walk away. :shrug:
Cannot sell for one year when purchasing overseas from military sales.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
As much as you post negatively about these cars now, why don't you just sell your car? If I was as upset about it as you clearly are I would just sell the car and walk away. :shrug:
When I get back from my deployment and can assess the condition of my car, that maybe an option.

I am pointing out that there are issues with the line that it seems others are either ignoring or forgiving Ford for.

I an not a Brand Fanboy. I can see past Brand Names and make logical comparisons. I didn't buy this car because it was a Ford and not a Chevy, that comparison means nothing to me.

I bought it because of what Ford said it was about. As a customer of the car do I not have a right to be upset with Ford for not delivering on the expectations that they advertised?

Issues related to the GT350 (remember there are not as many of these on the streets as other Mustangs):

Paint Issues
Fitment issues most notably the rear bumper
Dealers not installing the front splitter correctly
Oil Filters shaking themselves loose
Heat issues (mainly Tech/base but I believe track owners have reported higher temps also)
Several Transmissions
at least 1 engine loss
this thread is about a valve spring

I know that the Oil Filter and Splitter issues are the Dealers and not Ford, but they are the certified service center. They are backed by Ford, they should be doing it right.

I'm sure there are more but I this list make the point.

And the way people are being handled by Ford isn't consistent either, in some cases Ford is more than helpful in others it takes weeks to get answers.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
There are issues with every car. The over heating you so vehemently complain about is not unique to this car on the track.

Sucks you new car has a issue I hope they fix it correctly and that is the last issue you have!

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Understood, wasn't aware there was a time limit on MAS sales.

I agree about the consistency from Ford, based on what I've read here anyways.

I have no skin in the game but hope something comes out soon for you guys.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
There are issues with every car. The over heating you so vehemently complain about is not unique to this car on the track.

Sucks you new car has a issue I hope they fix it correctly and that is the last issue you have!
And you've notice that I'm really not attacking the issues that seem to be isolated to single cars. The Heat issue seems be to more than usual when compared to other "pony" cars and is directly contributed to specifically optioned cars. That a problem that should had been identified and addressed before selling the cars and it was fixed with the proceeding MY. If it wasn't a problem then Ford wouldn't had made the coolers standard.

I hope I don't have any other issues that will need to be addressed.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
Shit happens. Of course it sucks, but things could be a lot worse. My driveshaft broke off my new 2017 GT350 after 100 miles!! Yea, I was not happy, but Ford took care of it. 1000 miles later and so far everything is perfect.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
After thought I would loop in FORD. I know if you have a warranty issue in a Chevy once one dealer fixes it, if they dont do it right you have to go back to the original dealer. That won't be possible for you.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
[MENTION=26505]bwilliams[/MENTION], where are you in CHS? Give me a PM and hopefully we can meet up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

350_Dreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
06 Lincoln LS, 16 GT350
Beautiful car [MENTION=26505]bwilliams[/MENTION]. I hope it all works out for you. Keep it, I don't believe you'll ever regret it.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My sister had a Cadillac SRX that had a crank shaft literally break in 2 pieces on a car with less than 20K miles. Bugatti Veyrons cost millions and they have had recalls for defects........Shelby GT350 is a production line vehicle with thousands of parts.....sometimes there will be defects. Do a search for warranty issues with Ferrari.....
http://www.italiancarwarrantyissues.com/question/my-ferrari-warranty-service-experience/
The biggest impediment I have to owning a GT350 is the dealer mark-up, warranty issues would have no bearing whatsoever.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I like the people that demand you get a new car. The manufacturer does not owe a new car for a problem like this. This is why they come with a warranty. Let them fix it and you may never have a problem again. Mechanical things break. After 3 times trying to fix the same problem you can probably look at the Lemon Law but most times it's easier to work with the dealer and Ford. Ford may buy the car back after 3 attempts to repair the same problem but they have not even had a chance to fix it the first time.

Yea, go in and demand a new car. Let's see how the dealer reacts to that:crazy:

Sorry this happened to you but nothing is perfect.

kairojya

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I was pretty upset after getting home with my new car (a 200 mile drive) and finding that one of my axles had already failed. Admittedly it was a minor issue, the CV boot failed in some way and the CV grease was getting thrown around all over the wheel, brakes, and suspension: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56268

I only mention this because, in the end it was a simple fix. The Ford dealer I took it to did a great job. FordService twitter account was useful. The Ford Performance hotline was reassuring. Now 2800 miles later I haven't had any other issues (except for the common rear bumper fitment issue, sigh).

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
My sister had a Cadillac SRX that had a crank shaft literally break in 2 pieces on a car with less than 20K miles. Bugatti Veyrons cost millions and they have had recalls for defects........Shelby GT350 is a production line vehicle with thousands of parts.....sometimes there will be defects. Do a search for warranty issues with Ferrari.....
http://www.italiancarwarrantyissues.com/question/my-ferrari-warranty-service-experience/
The biggest impediment I have to owning a GT350 is the dealer mark-up, warranty issues would have no bearing whatsoever.
Truest words spoken all day.
Sponsored