Sponsored

2017-18 Shelby GT350 / GT350R Mustang Orders Placed (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2017-18 Shelby GT350/R did you order?

• Total voters

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Do dealers already know their full 2017 allocation for base GT350 models or is it possible Ford will release additional allocation later in the year.

I'm not sure I'm getting accurate information from a dealer and any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don
Sponsored

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Thanks - my order was 6/23, a bit more than two months after yours. I know it is not a predictor, but if I am two months later that will be November or December. Great time for that car in the Northeast :)

If they build them in batches, perhaps mine will be in September as well. From what I have seen there is not way to really predict - too many variables.

Wayne Turner

Living life and loving it
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT350,1970 GSX 1987 Buick GN
Confused by the process

Whenever you guys call Ford Performance, what information do you supply for updates? For example, Im not sure what I have for information. I was given an order number of 1202 CNGP530. I know its going to take time I just want to track something whenever it available to do so. TIA

Fordman88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150 XLT Max Tow, 2017 GT350
When I placed my order in April the dealer told me a Fall build he was right on the money. He knew exactly when his allocation was for.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Ford is turning out the 350's, may be near 1,000 already while the 350-R's are sitting at HR 055 :). Production starts back up the 11th. Maybe good news Friday?!

Last edited:

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Do dealers already know their full 2017 allocation for base GT350 models or is it possible Ford will release additional allocation later in the year.

I'm not sure I'm getting accurate information from a dealer and any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Don
I'd say its not likely they would get more allocations, but they can.
I don't know what the criteria is for getting more, but probably has to do with how much they sell. Ultimately depending on how much ford is willing to build overall.

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I'd say its not likely they would get more allocations, but they can.
I don't know what the criteria is for getting more, but probably has to do with how much they sell. Ultimately depending on how much ford is willing to build overall.
Okay, thanks for the info.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Thanks - my order was 6/23, a bit more than two months after yours. I know it is not a predictor, but if I am two months later that will be November or December. Great time for that car in the Northeast :)

If they build them in batches, perhaps mine will be in September as well. From what I have seen there is not way to really predict - too many variables.
They don't go by order date, rather on dealer allocation. It is possible you could get picked up this week and get a build date of august, you just never know. For the 350's, your dealer should have an idea as to when your allocation is for. Were you the only 350 allocation your dealer had?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Whenever you guys call Ford Performance, what information do you supply for updates? For example, Im not sure what I have for information. I was given an order number of 1202 CNGP530. I know its going to take time I just want to track something whenever it available to do so. TIA

Those numbers don't sound right but the first 4 (1202) may be your order #.

Usually you need these 2 numbers to track your order thru ford performance.

Order number: xxxx (this is a random number the dealer comes up with but is linked to your specific order)
Dealer number: it starts with an Fxxxxx (leave off the letter at the end)

Once your car gets scheduled and a VIN you can use your vin# to track your car.

Let us know how it turns out!

FStevenJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Called Ford Performance today, car is in production, body shop! So pumped!

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Awesome man, you should be! Seen your combo in person and IT IS phenomenal!

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
Whelp, just placed an order with a dealer down in AL at MSRP. They don't currently have an available allocation, but they apparently had two 2016 orders fulfilled without allocations, so I'm taking a chance. They aren't requiring a deposit, so I have nothing to lose, haha.

Non-R, Lightning Blue w/ electronics package. No stripes.
Whelp, just found out today that my "hopeful" order is actually 3rd in line, so my chances just went from bad to worse. Who would've thought that it could be so difficult to spend $60k?

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Whelp, just found out today that my "hopeful" order is actually 3rd in line, so my chances just went from bad to worse. Who would've thought that it could be so difficult to spend $60k?
What do you mean Ken? Do they have 3 allocations, so you basically have to wait a while OR is there like 1 or 2 allocation but your 3rd in line so you may not get a car?

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
What do you mean Ken? Do they have 3 allocations, so you basically have to wait a while OR is there like 1 or 2 allocation but your 3rd in line so you may not get a car?
The latter... kinda. They currently don't have any allocations, but for MY2016, they ended up getting several "leftover" allocations that allowed for 2 customer-ordered cars sitting in the system to be built. I'm apparently 3rd in line to see if the same ends up happening for MY2017.

I'm not holding my breath (even before I found out I was 3rd in line), so I've been continuing my search, but have still been unable to find a 2017 allocation at MSRP...

OW_GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R, OW, Black Roof
The latter... kinda. They currently don't have any allocations, but for MY2016, they ended up getting several "leftover" allocations that allowed for 2 customer-ordered cars sitting in the system to be built. I'm apparently 3rd in line to see if the same ends up happening for MY2017.

I'm not holding my breath (even before I found out I was 3rd in line), so I've been continuing my search, but have still been unable to find a 2017 allocation at MSRP...
Interested in a 2016 track pack? Race Red, Black roof and OTT. I think if someone was a buyer at MSRP, they would get it.
Sponsored