El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Check it. Mine clearly says it is not CA regulated and the options for CA emissions is not on my window sticker. CA emissions from what I have compared locally actually say it under the hood. Sorry for the ginormous picture. haha

I have the same sticker on my car. I don't know how the dealer did it, but my car did get registered here in CA and passed CA emissions.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
I also bought my car used from out of state Houston, TX and had it shipped to Ontario, CA. When I picked it up, they handed me my smog certificate that showed that it passed CA emissions. I'm pretty sure I've seen a sticker under the hood or by the door jam that says 49 state emissions legal.
What exactly are the difference, as in what parts are different from a 49 state to a 50 state emissions legal?
I don't know the exact parts, but if the car has over 7,500 miles on it when it was bought used, then you can register it in CA no problem, even if it doesn't meet CA emissions requirements. CA enacted that law to protect CA dealers from guys buying near new cars out of state to avoid CA emissions. Typical CA Governor Moonbeam BS.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I am considering purchasing a lightly used 2016 Mustang GT/PP and it has less than 7,500 miles. Does ANYONE know if the 2016's models are "50-state emissions compliant" or are they 49-state emissions compliant (except for California) and CARB-compliant for California? If the car is 49-states emissions compliant with less than 7,500 miles, I cannot legally register it in California (and I'm not going to register it out of state because i do not own a residence outside of California). Any help would be much appreciated (and yes, I've sent Deysha at Ford a note about it with the VIN. Thanks!
Glad to learn you got the info I sent you yesterday, ShelbyGT350.

Deysha

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
All 2015 and up GT's will pass emissions in California, when being sent too a CARB state the new vehicle only gets a certified sticker that says it passes that's it. CARB certificate is not cheap so manufacturers only did it for cars going to that state, ford does this on several models other then mustangs and so does other manufacturers.

OP
OP

ShelbyGT350

Shelby GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 351C Shaker
All 2015 and up GT's will pass emissions in California, when being sent too a CARB state the new vehicle only gets a certified sticker that says it passes that's it. CARB certificate is not cheap so manufacturers only did it for cars going to that state, ford does this on several models other then mustangs and so does other manufacturers.
So are you saying that if I buy a 2016 GT with a car that does not have CA emissions equipment, that I can still get it smog tested in CA (because it apparently will meet the emissions standards) in order to get it registered?

Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
guy guy guys... from 2017 all ford cars will be CA emissions. no more such confusion

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
Since my vert was a CA rental car, and the window sticker lists 'California Emissions System' under optional equipment, what is different on the vehicle?

I live in PA, so it has no real bearing, just curious.

PS - I looked in manual and didn't find anything.
Sponsored