Sponsored

2015 Mustang s550 Chief Engineer Talks Current Mustang and Next Gen Model [Videos]

shelby1k

I believe Ford is actually the one that built the 3L turbodiesel v6 for the Jag XF and XJ.... so they certainly arent strangers to building a fine turbo diesel. It's more a matter of making one that suitable for the Mustang and making it affordable and profitable at the same time.
Sponsored

fastback69

A v8 Mustang with paddle shifters and a dual clutch.....cargasm.
The problem I have with paddle shifters is exactly as that one guy says in the video. The paddles are never where you want or need them to be when you're turning, which is often when you need them most (for up or downshifting thru a corner).

JackHoya

You guys remember the stunt they pulled with the Jaguar XF with the 2.2L 4 cylinder turbodiesel a few years ago? They drove from NY to LA cross country with only 4 stops for diesel in between and averaged over 50mpg. I'm sure Ford is looking into the possibilities of this. It wont be at the expense of the staple engines, but if this helps them move units in Europe, they wont have to worry so much about finding alternatives to the v8.

Vickstang

The problem I have with paddle shifters is exactly as that one guy says in the video. The paddles are never where you want or need them to be when you're turning, which is often when you need them most (for up or downshifting thru a corner).
This shouldn't be an issue if you're driving properly. No one should be be shifting during a turn. Pick the right gear before entering a turn to avoid unbalancing the car by shifting during the turn.