ImBetterDude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 2
Hey all,

Proud new owner of a 2015 Roush Stage 2 w/ Phase 2 supercharger kit installed and a BAP. Car also has SVE 350 wheels staggered 275 up front and 325 in back, wrapped in Indy Firehawks.

I'm coming from a Focus ST which is so terribly difficult to launch, and frankly only gets worse as you tune the car and add power. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to have a car with real power and more importantly RWD.

Goal is to get the car to consistently run high 10s in the 1/4. Two questions:

1) What beyond what I've already got do you think I'd need? Roush calibration is super conservative from what I gather, so if nothing else I'm pretty sure I'd need a custom tune from VMP or Lund or someone. But maybe not? I'm thinking with a great launch in good atmospheric conditions I'd probably have a low 11s car currently, but I'm NOOB so not at all sure.

2) What's the ideal way to launch this car? I've not messed around with drag (track?) mode much but Sport Plus is like endlessly better than Normal, at least as far as making clean shifts and throttle response is concerned. But I can't get launch control in S+ mode, so guess I'd be better off with Track mode? If so, what RPM should I set for launch given my setup? Is the reduction of traction control in Track mode gonna make it worse for me to launch than if I kept it in Sport Plus and just managed the throttle effectively?

Thanks all in advance for your consideration! Picture for attention.

Joe
20200618_113510.jpg
Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Go and try it out first set tire pressure to 30psi launch starting at 3000rpms measure the DA. Also use track mode.
Share the results to see if we can helo you here.

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
Firehawks are great, but you're on the wrong tire for what you want to do. You'll want more sidewall and a slick if you have a manual, if you're driving an auto just get some radials that can at least take some of the torque on launch.
Sponsored