PCho222

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Good Afternoon All,

Sorry to add yet another thread complaining about a Mustang driveline, but I didn't see any solutions pertaining to my exact problem during my Google conquest. I've seen a lot of people complain about noise and 1-2 shifting, but my problem occurs in essentially any gear at any speed.

Problem:
When I am cruising and maintaining speed, let's say 45mph in 4th or 5th gear, and I gently let off the throttle to decelerate then gently reapply it, the car bucks backwards slightly and makes an audible thud. I can usually make it happen very noticeably when I let it engine brake for a few seconds then lightly reapply throttle. It happens in all gears but is more violent above 2k RPM or in lower gears. In higher gears I can still hear and feel it, but it is less noticeable. I am thinking of attributing it to the driveline shifting forward/backward since I can almost hear/feel it moving under me.

Other symptoms:
I have the standard low speed shifting and clutch in/out clunks which I don't think too much of. I do notice a clearly audible metallic whir or rubbing noise when I am slowly letting the clutch out in first gear that gets quickly muffled out by the engine. There is no whirring when I am clutching in and out in neutral, so I don't think my throwout bearing is bad (irrelevant to my banging issue regardless, I'd think).

Most of my specs are irrelevant to the problem with the exception of the 3.73 rear, but I did mention this to my tuner at Lund and he sent me a revised tune which helped a tad but not a lot. My tuner said he runs essentially the same tune he sent me and does not have my problem, but he said he has an aluminum driveshaft and suspension mods.
- Lund tune
- Kooks headers
- MBRP catback
- JLT intake
- Lowered 1"

I am awaiting on new transmission and differential fluid in the mail. Before I go buying new parts willy nilly, has anyone had this problem and solved it?

V/R,
Peter
Sponsored

brad65ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
jerky makes me think intake runner issue, I'm currently debating to take mine off and check.