2015 GT Custom Twin Turbo Kit Under 4k

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Cool build. What are some of the "complete" kits that don't need further Modifications that push the turbos out wide like that? Are On3's still crap? I don't like the Hellion kit push in close in front.
I went with Limitless Performance & Fabrication

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
So are you just getting your post count up by shitting on random posts or do you have something constructive to add?
Keep in mind that the dude is a fabricator and isn't taking into account the labor involved.
The intent was never to shit on his post... And i dont care about post count lol didn't know that's a thing.

My point is that the title is misleading. People Will read stuff like this and think the kits being sold by reputable shops are just overpriced. Which isnt true.

They'll look at this guy who knows his stuff and think this aint hard try it and end up fucking up perfectly fine cars.

its also misleading because he's spending way more than 4k even without counting labor costs...

I know because I used to be one of those guys that would follow posts like this think it's easy and ended up wasting tons of money and time and destroyed running cars.

People when doing a build thread whether they like it or not kind of have a implied responsibility to be straight up about the real costs... While its not a legal, obligation and they aren't responsible for others actions. Its just more beneficial to the community to tell the WHOLE STORY

That said free country do what ever you want. Wasn't trying to start anything so my apologies for coming off as an asshole.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
The intent was never to shit on his post... And i dont care about post count lol didn't know that's a thing.

My point is that the title is misleading. People Will read stuff like this and think the kits being sold by reputable shops are just overpriced. Which isnt true.

They'll look at this guy who knows his stuff and think this aint hard try it and end up fucking up perfectly fine cars.

its also misleading because he's spending way more than 4k even without counting labor costs...

I know because I used to be one of those guys that would follow posts like this think it's easy and ended up wasting tons of money and time and destroyed running cars.

People when doing a build thread whether they like it or not kind of have a implied responsibility to be straight up about the real costs... While its not a legal, obligation and they aren't responsible for others actions. Its just more beneficial to the community to tell the WHOLE STORY

That said free country do what ever you want.
The cost are straight up for HIM.
When you buy a turbo kit I'm fairly certain that every single person on this forum knows that labor is a separate cost. I'm also fairly certain if the person was smart enough to read the post title they are smart enough to read through the post and see that this man "custom built his own kit for less than $4k".... Which is damn near what the title says.

Don't be so ignorant

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Lots of action here today, lol. First of all I want to thank two people from this forum kcc0521 and gimmie11s as I have reached out to them both a number of times with questions and they always quickly respond and get right back to me. Even though some of my questions have been silly (trust me i know) they were never rude and always came back with an answer. There's also people outside of this forum who helped but no point in naming them because they aren't here, haha.

Also, I do not know the exact cost of what I have done especially since I added small things on the side like AFR gauge, catch can etc. I planned on totaling it all up once the entire build is complete so I can see exactly what I spent start to finish. I can tell you though for 100% sure that if its not under 4k its very close to it because I was watching as I purchased things. If anyone wants to talk exact price I'd be more than willing to get that info for you especially if it's someone trying to do the same thing, I would love to help and give advice against stuff I WOULDN'T do if I did this again. However, if you are someone who is incapable of doing this yourself and just want to make a fuss because you don't have the required skill or tools I will just be ignoring you and letting you cry in the corner to yourself. :rockon:

With that being said let's get to the mini update on this project. The car has basically been done now but I just haven't had time to button up the little things. One of the first things I needed to do was remake my IC pipe from 3 inch to 4 inch so I wasn't maxing out the mass air so that was done.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I just went with polished aluminum this time because my original plan to powder coat everything black changed. I really like how the IC sits in the front of the bumper so I decided not to powdercoat it, haha. I still need to clean up under the engine bay a bit but its at least decent enough where I am willing to show under the hood now.

full.jpg

Next step was to dial in my tune with HP Tuners. Another thank you to KCC since he sent me some tunes to look at as an example. After adjust the MAF settings the car runs amazing but I still have not boosted it yet. This is because I need to add an oil restrictor to the feed lines as its smoking out of the turbos currently under boost (don't ask why I know without tuning). After I add the oil restrictor everything will be 100% done and ready to go I will just need to hit the dyno and see what this thing will make. Stay tuned for that update hopefully soon but I am really not sure when it will be.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Correct me if I'm wrong but your blow off valve requires an engine vacuum source, you currently have it hooked up to a boost/pressure source.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I never mentioned it, but going back through your thread, i love how you managed the wastegate mounting on this build... I should have done the same on mine. Nice work.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Correct me if I'm wrong but your blow off valve requires an engine vacuum source, you currently have it hooked up to a boost/pressure source.
Bov needs a line from behind the throttle body. boost will hold it closed and when the throttle closes the pressure in the manifold will turn to vacuum allowing the pressure in the tubing to exit through the bov.
Where the bov line is located in the picture will not work. The bov will never open so the Piping will never depressurize. The turbos will surge bad and go backwards when he lets off the gas. The turbos will become damaged and Fail very soon.
Also the maf is in the wrong location. Needs to be at the end of a nine inch piece of straight tubing at least. Needs 3x the distance of how wide the pipe is ( 3” pipe needs 9” straight before the maf)
I hope he reads this before it’s to late. Lots of good work Here just needs help with the details

Last edited:

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I’m not sure if you read this but I really hope you do soon

Bov needs a line from behind the throttle body. boost will hold it closed and when the throttle closes the pressure in the manifold will turn to vacuum allowing the pressure in the tubing to exit through the bov.
Where the bov line is located in the picture will not work. The bov will never open so the Piping will never depressurize. The turbos will surge bad and go backwards when he lets off the gas. The turbos will become damaged and Fail very soon.
Also the maf is in the wrong location. Needs to be at the end of a nine inch piece of straight tubing at least. Needs 3x the distance of how wide the pipe is ( 3” pipe needs 9” straight before the maf)
I hope he reads this before it’s to late. Lots of good work Here just needs help with the details if you need help with the tune let me know. I tune mine with hptuners also

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I’m not sure if you read this but I really hope you do soon

I hope he reads this before it’s to late. Lots of good work Here just needs help with the details if you need help with the tune let me know. I tune mine with hptuners also
Thanks, I know this line has been moved over a year ago now it was just a temp thing at the moment. In all honesty the surge really isn't really a big deal especially with an automatic since you aren't on and off the gas during WOT. Even then I'd still say tis debatable. The MAF has actually been moved, I learned it was an issue when I started tuning the car. It was to close to the bend and throwing my readings off. I'm always open for suggestions on tunes since its so complicated with these cars. What is your current setup?

Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Thanks, I know this line has been moved over a year ago now it was just a temp thing at the moment. In all honesty the surge really isn't really a big deal especially with an automatic since you aren't on and off the gas during WOT. Even then I'd still say tis debatable. The MAF has actually been moved, I learned it was an issue when I started tuning the car. It was to close to the bend and throwing my readings off. I'm always open for suggestions on tunes since its so complicated with these cars. What is your current setup?
My personal s550 is procharged. I own a small shop and build coyote cars and build modular/coyote engines. I have seen a lot of very nice builds get destroyed by little mistakes. I’m glad to hear that you figured it all out before it was to late. How is the car running? Did you figure out the tune? These cars have a lot of parameters that can be changed. I have learned that the less you have to change in the tune the better

Last edited:

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
My personal s550 is procharged. I own a small shop and build coyote cars and build modular/coyote engines. I have seen a lot of very nice builds get destroyed by little mistakes. I’m glad to hear that you figured it all out before it was to late. How is the car running? Did you figure out the tune? These cars have a lot of parameters that can be changed. I have learned that the less you have to change in the tune the better
What shop do you run?

OP
OP
imrex613

imrex613

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Good to know! I think my tune is pretty good right now I literally researched for months and asked a million questions over on the HP Tuners forum. Always good to have other minds to bounce things off of though. I'll shoot you a PM.

Fallen1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
How did that Intercooler hold up
I been looking for some like that but I just find rev 9 ones and say 300 to 800 rated the best I seen is treadstone but wondering if there’s any other 2 in & 1 out IC

Fallen1320

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edgar
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT
Lots of action here today, lol. First of all I want to thank two people from this forum kcc0521 and gimmie11s as I have reached out to them both a number of times with questions and they always quickly respond and get right back to me. Even though some of my questions have been silly (trust me i know) they were never rude and always came back with an answer. There's also people outside of this forum who helped but no point in naming them because they aren't here, haha.

Do you happen to know which couplers you used for the 4 inch pipe

Also, I do not know the exact cost of what I have done especially since I added small things on the side like AFR gauge, catch can etc. I planned on totaling it all up once the entire build is complete so I can see exactly what I spent start to finish. I can tell you though for 100% sure that if its not under 4k its very close to it because I was watching as I purchased things. If anyone wants to talk exact price I'd be more than willing to get that info for you especially if it's someone trying to do the same thing, I would love to help and give advice against stuff I WOULDN'T do if I did this again. However, if you are someone who is incapable of doing this yourself and just want to make a fuss because you don't have the required skill or tools I will just be ignoring you and letting you cry in the corner to yourself. :rockon:

With that being said let's get to the mini update on this project. The car has basically been done now but I just haven't had time to button up the little things. One of the first things I needed to do was remake my IC pipe from 3 inch to 4 inch so I wasn't maxing out the mass air so that was done.

full.jpg

full.jpg

full.jpg

I just went with polished aluminum this time because my original plan to powder coat everything black changed. I really like how the IC sits in the front of the bumper so I decided not to powdercoat it, haha. I still need to clean up under the engine bay a bit but its at least decent enough where I am willing to show under the hood now.

full.jpg

Next step was to dial in my tune with HP Tuners. Another thank you to KCC since he sent me some tunes to look at as an example. After adjust the MAF settings the car runs amazing but I still have not boosted it yet. This is because I need to add an oil restrictor to the feed lines as its smoking out of the turbos currently under boost (don't ask why I know without tuning). After I add the oil restrictor everything will be 100% done and ready to go I will just need to hit the dyno and see what this thing will make. Stay tuned for that update hopefully soon but I am really not sure when it will be.
Sponsored