Sponsored

2015 Ford Mustang GT Adaptive Cruise Control

Ibrahim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hello,
I have a 2015 GT. I want to disable adaptive cruise control and be able to use regular cruise control. My issue is that I removed the forward crash avoidance sensor behind my bumper. I'm trying to use FORSCAN to disable that sensor and am lost when making adjustments. I can see some options in there regarding Adaptive Cruise Control and Cruise Control but don't know what needs to be changed to disable it. If you have had this issue or know how to fix please let me know.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I am not sure in a mustang but my 2019 edge you could go into the instrument cluster menus and just turn off the adaptive cruise, so it works just like a normal cruise control. Just be aware that with adaptive cruise turned off the lane assist function will not be active as well. It will still wiggle when changing lanes but will not keep car in its current lane.

BD

OP
OP

Ibrahim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I don't have that option as that screen is gray and can't be selected.

Paris MkVI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible, 2015 Escape 2.0 Titanium
Vehicle Showcase
Was it greyed out before that sensor was removed? If you're not sure, I would try putting that sensor back in. Then see if you can switch the setting in the menus.

I can tell you my 2015 gives me the option of Adaptive or Normal. They aren't greyed out and I can easily switch between them. When I set it to normal, it then indicates automatic braking is off.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you still have the sensor, I would reconnect it and see if your screen is still greyed out.

BD

Sponsored

Sycostang67

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang, 2015 Mustang, 2001 Ram, 2012 Wrangle
My 2015 also has the ability to disable the adaptive feature in the display. Since I did the digital dash swap though I now have to deactivate it every time I start the car.

OP
OP

Ibrahim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I unfortunately have a defective sensor and was hoping to get away with just deleting that system completely and just using regular cruise control

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I unfortunately have a defective sensor and was hoping to get away with just deleting that system completely and just using regular cruise control
Unfortunately, it's not that simple. You will likely need to buy a new sensor to get the cruise to work.

BD
Sponsored